The Student Room Group

University of Reading or University of Manchester

Both have very intriguing modules ( real estate) but not sure which one to go to. I would like to live comfortably i.e. cheaper accommodation and necessities but also want to be around very funky and different people lol which would you say is better ??? I also like to party
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Yolomofos
Both have very intriguing modules ( real estate) but not sure which one to go to. I would like to live comfortably i.e. cheaper accommodation and necessities but also want to be around very funky and different people lol which would you say is better ??? I also like to party

Hello, :biggrin:

Have you been able to go down to each of the universities to check out their campuses and accommodation?

It can sometimes be hard to get a feel for a university through their pictures or website alone. Or even through over people's opinions.

I hope this helps

Tom :cool:
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello, :biggrin:Have you been able to go down to each of the universities to check out their campuses and accommodation?It can sometimes be hard to get a feel for a university through their pictures or website alone. Or even through over people's opinions.I hope this helps Tom :cool:
Yes, although I’ve only been to Reading not Manchester. Reading reminds me of home and as a whole a ‘quieter lifestyle’ compared to others but with Manchester I like the fact it’s a busy city with lots to do. Maybe a visit there would be good to consider !!
Reading has a good reputation for its real estate courses and is a lively University and town.

Having said that, I imagine Manchester is livelier and cheaper too. Yes, it would be a good idea to visit.

Hello,

Thanks for your question - glad you are considering studying at Reading for Real Estate.

Reading has a varierty of accommodationt to fit your budget, for example if you are happy to share your bathroom and be self-catered then Wessex hall offers the most budget friendly accommodation.

Our student's union opens as a nightclub two nights per week, Wednesday and Saturday, becoming the biggest nightclub in Reading with 4 different rooms, which is a great night out as it is on campus and only a short walk back to your University halls. We have visiting DJs and DANCE events throughout the year, so definitely a party scene if thats what you want. The nightclubs in town all have a student night in the week, which is especially vibrant during Fresher's week and at key events throuhgout the year such as Halloween and Christmas. We also run our very popular quiz and karoke on a Thrusday night and comedy nights throughout the year.

Reading is also home to students from many different countries and cultures, with 150 clubs and societies to represent that. Anything from ballroom dancing to lock picking there is something for everyone to get involved with. As it is a campus uni, you really get a community feel, which is great during the first few weeks of term because you know your friends will only be a maximum 25 mins away so it is easy to meet up. Also finding your way around to lectures and faciltiies on campus is quicker because everything is on one site, one thing that really helped me when I was settling in.

Reading town centre offers many facilities, and all big supermarkets will deliver to the university campus (to the halls car park, couldn't get easier) so super convenient for the student!

But, as someone has already suggested, make sure you visit both universities (this could be done through an applicant day perhaps?) and see which one you feel the most comfortable at. You've got to feel at home at your chosen university because you are likely to be there for 3 or 4 years.

If you'd like any specific information about the Real Estate course then also let us know, as one of our student ambassadors studies Real Estate.

Alice :h:
Food Science final year student
Reply 5
Original post by UniofReading
Hello,

Thanks for your question - glad you are considering studying at Reading for Real Estate.

Reading has a varierty of accommodationt to fit your budget, for example if you are happy to share your bathroom and be self-catered then Wessex hall offers the most budget friendly accommodation.

Our student's union opens as a nightclub two nights per week, Wednesday and Saturday, becoming the biggest nightclub in Reading with 4 different rooms, which is a great night out as it is on campus and only a short walk back to your University halls. We have visiting DJs and DANCE events throughout the year, so definitely a party scene if thats what you want. The nightclubs in town all have a student night in the week, which is especially vibrant during Fresher's week and at key events throuhgout the year such as Halloween and Christmas. We also run our very popular quiz and karoke on a Thrusday night and comedy nights throughout the year.

Reading is also home to students from many different countries and cultures, with 150 clubs and societies to represent that. Anything from ballroom dancing to lock picking there is something for everyone to get involved with. As it is a campus uni, you really get a community feel, which is great during the first few weeks of term because you know your friends will only be a maximum 25 mins away so it is easy to meet up. Also finding your way around to lectures and faciltiies on campus is quicker because everything is on one site, one thing that really helped me when I was settling in.

Reading town centre offers many facilities, and all big supermarkets will deliver to the university campus (to the halls car park, couldn't get easier) so super convenient for the student!

But, as someone has already suggested, make sure you visit both universities (this could be done through an applicant day perhaps?) and see which one you feel the most comfortable at. You've got to feel at home at your chosen university because you are likely to be there for 3 or 4 years.

If you'd like any specific information about the Real Estate course then also let us know, as one of our student ambassadors studies Real Estate.

Food Science final year student

Wow thank you for your time you put into this ! Definitely putting Reading in my top 2, so many great things to consider which is very comforting, only thing to do is to patiently wait for my applciation to be acknowledged ! :smile:
Wow thank you for your time you put into this ! Definitely putting Reading in my top 2, so many great things to consider which is very comforting, only thing to do is to patiently wait for my applciation to be acknowledged ! :smile:

I'm glad it was helpful to you, best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending