The Student Room Group

Which university is better?

Hey there,
Umm I applied to both the uni of Manchester and Leeds, and have received a conditional offer from both. Now being an international student, I got no idea which uni should I finally go for. Also my major will be genetics.
I could reallyyyy use some help. Shoot me with any facts and your opinion is highly appreciated!🌸
Hey @Gargi07

I wouldn't worry about which university is 'better', it's all subjective. Worry about what course is going to be best for you, your future, and what you'll enjoy. Have you attended open days? These may help clarify your choices.

Best wishes,
Josh :smile:
Both great Universities so you can't go wrong with either, but Manchester has more global recongnition than Leeds.
Hi, I've moved your thread to the biosciences forums.

Leeds and Manchester are pretty similar in general terms as universities, although I don't know about the particular subject area. Have a look at each course and see what optional modules are available on each and see if one has more preferable subjects as a result. You could also look at the department research pages to see what areas they're researching in, as this often influences the choice of optional modules and final year project/dissertation titles.

Otherwise it's probably worth looking more at "qualitative" elements - what the cities are like, which you think you would prefer to live in; what societies and facilities each university has, accommodation availability and options (for example if you want to live in halls for the entirety of your degree as an international student, see if either can guarantee this; or if you want/need a studio or en suite room) etc.
Original post by Gargi07
Hey there,
Umm I applied to both the uni of Manchester and Leeds, and have received a conditional offer from both. Now being an international student, I got no idea which uni should I finally go for. Also my major will be genetics.
I could reallyyyy use some help. Shoot me with any facts and your opinion is highly appreciated!🌸

Manchester > Leeds
Reply 5
Hey josh, I really appreciate your opinion. Also, I haven’t attended any open days, and I’m afraid I probably won’t. It’s because the academic year pattern in my country is very different from the one in the UK. So I guess internet is my only hope haha😂Anyway, thanks for the reply!
Reply 6
Original post by Alexty28
Both great Universities so you can't go wrong with either, but Manchester has more global recongnition than Leeds.

Hey there,
I know about Manchester’s more famous rep than Leeds, but for some reason I find myself a little inclined towards Leeds.
Now I’m extremely confused 😐

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending