I got a 9 in RS gcse

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by I'mComingOxford
wow 1-2 hrs revision for a 9.

gimme dat brain

It was a fluke i swear... I'm still pretty shocked about it:colondollar:
Original post by stephsmhb
Not everyone finds it easy. I had quite a few friends who were better at STEM subjects and found it really hard to get good grades in RS

to be honest with you RE is difficult only if you can't e bother to sit down and learn some key facts. In my school, it is compulsory ut many people find this subject useless, therefore they don't invest time on it. Then they will cry because they got low grades and blade the teachers because she/he never taught how to answer a 15 mark question (I'm doing WJEC Eduqas btw). All you need to do is learn the key beliefs! The rest in common sense.
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm not sure sorry

How many papers did you do (if you remember)? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Tolgarda
How many papers did you do (if you remember)? :smile:

3 ( i think)
Reply 24
Original post by sqrt of 5
to be honest with you RE is difficult only if you can't e bother to sit down and learn some key facts. In my school, it is compulsory ut many people find this subject useless, therefore they don't invest time on it. Then they will cry because they got low grades and blade the teachers because she/he never taught how to answer a 15 mark question (I'm doing WJEC Eduqas btw). All you need to do is learn the key beliefs! The rest in common sense.

That is your opinion but I disagree. Many people just don't have the ability to evaluate. Yeah the 1, 2, mark questions are just memory. But the one I did you could memorise the specification and not get a 9 because you need to understand and explain and evaluate
3 ( i think)

I understand. I'm still not sure, but it is a trivial query anyway. How did you find the papers and which religions did you study?
If anyone needs tips on how to revise or technique for 12 mark question etc. I'm happy to help. I only lost 4 marks on my whole paper and therefore feel confident that I can answer some of your questions

I am really good at 12 mark question however I can't seem to do 4 mark questions- crazy, I know. Right now I am doing a question: Two ways in which the belief in the justice of God may influence Christians today. and i cant so it I hate 4 marks questions
(edited 5 years ago)
That is your opinion but I disagree. Many people just don't have the ability to evaluate. Yeah the 1, 2, mark questions are just memory. But the one I did you could memorise the specification and not get a 9 because you need to understand and explain and evaluate

I don't wanna start an argument but... look at this question:
re.PNG
All you need to do is use a couple of key terms + key beliefs and the build an argument from that. It's common sense! You don't have to be good at evaluating or forming an argument to say that Catholics believe that abortion is wrong whereas humanist believe that we all have the right to choose:smile:

Another one:

Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)
I understand. I'm still not sure, but it is a trivial query anyway. How did you find the papers and which religions did you study?

Yea I would like to know the ones that you studied as well
Reply 29

I studied Islam and Christianity, is it weird that I found it fun
Reply 30
Original post by sqrt of 5
I don't wanna start an argument but... look at this question:
re.PNG
All you need to do is use a couple of key terms + key beliefs and the build an argument from that. It's common sense! You don't have to be good at evaluating or forming an argument to say that Catholics believe that abortion is wrong whereas humanist believe that we all have the right to choose:smile:

Another one:

Attachment not found

Yes I understand that but not everyone would have the skills to get 15/15
Reply 31
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
I am really good at 12 mark question however I can't seem to do 4 mark questions- crazy, I know. Right now I am doing a question: Two ways in which the belief in the justice of God may influence Christians today. and i cant so it I hate 4 marks questions

Why do you think you find 4 markers hard do you think you overcomplicate them
Original post by I'mComingOxford
wow 1-2 hrs revision for a 9.

gimme dat brain

some people find some subject easier than others naturally, a 9 shouldn't be any less achievable for you :smile:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
some people find some subject easier than others naturally, a 9 shouldn't be any less achievable for you :smile:

this post made my day :h: fingers crossed for 23rd august :P
Why do you think you find 4 markers hard do you think you overcomplicate them

Yeah I think i overcomplicate them but I just don't know how to answer them, like the god being just influencing Christians I just said stuff about charity and voting for people in elections (help from BBC bitesize) I just don't seem to know how to answer them yet I know the formula:
one way this influences Christians..
this is because..
another way...
this is because
and the crazy thing is that im a christians too lmao
I studied Islam and Christianity, is it weird that I found it fun

No.
Reply 36
Yeah I think i overcomplicate them but I just don't know how to answer them, like the god being just influencing Christians I just said stuff about charity and voting for people in elections (help from BBC bitesize) I just don't seem to know how to answer them yet I know the formula:
one way this influences Christians..
this is because..
another way...
this is because
and the crazy thing is that im a christians too lmao

Ohhh do you mean you initially couldn't think of ways that it influenced Christians
Ohhh do you mean you initially couldn't think of ways that it influenced Christians

yh do you have tips to help me think of ways christians can be influenced
Reply 38
yh do you have tips to help me think of ways christians can be influenced

Sure, so although the stuff you said about charity and elections is valid it is a more complicated answer than it needs to be.
First, think about what justice is. It means that God is fair.
Now a bit of a shortcut for these questions is whatever the quality is say it makes the person want to have that quality (if that is possible so don't write it for qualities like omniscient). For example the quality that God is forgiving, or loving you could say that it makes christians want to be forgiving to as they follow God's example to be a good christian. So in this case you could write it influences Christians to be as just and fair as possible in their day to day life. This is because they want to follow God's example and be a good christian etc. and expand on it a bit more (there are your 2 marks).

Do you want me to give you a second point?
Also if you struggle to think of 4 mark answers I would recommend you spend time revising those questions because they are easy marks in the exam. If you would like some more examples of how you could answer this question just ask :smile:
Sure, so although the stuff you said about charity and elections is valid it is a more complicated answer than it needs to be.
First, think about what justice is. It means that God is fair.
Now a bit of a shortcut for these questions is whatever the quality is say it makes the person want to have that quality (if that is possible so don't write it for qualities like omniscient). For example the quality that God is forgiving, or loving you could say that it makes christians want to be forgiving to as they follow God's example to be a good christian. So in this case you could write it influences Christians to be as just and fair as possible in their day to day life. This is because they want to follow God's example and be a good christian etc. and expand on it a bit more (there are your 2 marks).

Do you want me to give you a second point?
Also if you struggle to think of 4 mark answers I would recommend you spend time revising those questions because they are easy marks in the exam. If you would like some more examples of how you could answer this question just ask :smile:

Thank you so much, i think I get it now. I will try and figure out the second point I really appreciate that btw x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending