The Student Room Group

Catheter

Does anyone else use ISC? I've got a couple of questions so any answers would be super much appreciated! I've been using it 5 times a day (as told by the hopsitla) but as soon as I have removed the catheter (and flow has stopped) I feel like I immediately need to go to the toilet again but there isn't anything else to come out (like I've tried putting the cath back in but nothing comes out) and theres frequently (almost every time I use it) blood on the end, but I'm assuming thats just because my body isn't used to using it?! I am phoning the hospital tomorrow, but thought I'd see if anyone else either has experience using a catheter themselves long term, and if anyone's experienced the same... I've been on 2 lots of antibiotics recently as well whilst I had the indwelling catheter in and don't feel unwell like I did when I got the first UTI with the foley in. I'm also super paranoid that I'm not going to manage the self-cath as often as I should do and that I'll end up having to have another Foley again because I really really do not want that to happen. Thank you for reading this ramble, I appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest