The Student Room Group

do you ask your girlfriend out again if you went on a break? and how do i do that?

Hi - my girlfriend told me a while ago that she didn’t think she was in the right place to be in a relationship and said it would be unfair on me for her not to say anything. we have been talking since then and she sounds fine. it feels just as it did when we was actually dating.

because it was never really a ‘breakup’, do you think i should ask her to be my girlfriend again or just leave it as we’re practically back to normal again.

also do you have any ideas on how to ask her out again if it’s necessary? because it’s not the first time it doesn’t have to be a big deal but i don’t know what to say to her without her thinking i’m weird
Original post by Anonymous
Hi - my girlfriend told me a while ago that she didn’t think she was in the right place to be in a relationship and said it would be unfair on me for her not to say anything. we have been talking since then and she sounds fine. it feels just as it did when we was actually dating.

because it was never really a ‘breakup’, do you think i should ask her to be my girlfriend again or just leave it as we’re practically back to normal again.

also do you have any ideas on how to ask her out again if it’s necessary? because it’s not the first time it doesn’t have to be a big deal but i don’t know what to say to her without her thinking i’m weird

To me a break is like a soft way of saying I want to break up

Sounds like it might have been a 'kind' way of letting you down.

If you want to get back with her it might be an idea to approach it with something like: 'Hey, do you maybe want to try the relationship thing again because I just can't stop thinking about you.'
The cynic in me agrees with the others and think could be her being indecisive and leaving you in the friendzone while she makes up her mind. However never say never (my relative and his lady got back together about 4 or so times). If you're still going out on dates / sleeping together etc then i would establish with her what she wants so that you don't get led on.
Reply 4
Original post by BigheadLondon
The cynic in me agrees with the others and think could be her being indecisive and leaving you in the friendzone while she makes up her mind. However never say never (my relative and his lady got back together about 4 or so times). If you're still going out on dates / sleeping together etc then i would establish with her what she wants so that you don't get led on.

well we haven’t started going on dates or sleeping together yet because i haven’t asked her to be my girlfriend. but she still talks to me and it feels like nothing has changed between us. i heavily doubt that she would friendzone me as she said it was because she needed to work on herself, not anything to do with me.
well we haven’t started going on dates or sleeping together yet because i haven’t asked her to be my girlfriend. but she still talks to me and it feels like nothing has changed between us. i heavily doubt that she would friendzone me as she said it was because she needed to work on herself, not anything to do with me.

When I’ve said that to a guy in the past its just been a nicer way of laying him off

Call her, arrange to meet her, and have a conversation. Tell her how you feel like everything is back to normal and you'd like to be in a relationship again. Then ask her how she is feeling and if she's doing alright now and how she feels about giving it another go. Don't jump straight into asking her out again, find out how she feels first so you can work through it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending