The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Pharmacy Interview 2019

Hey,
I have an interview for pharmacy at Nottingham next week, and i was wondering if anyone has any advice/tips for the Nottingham interview process? I'm really nervous as it's MMI. Thanks
Hello, I am in the same situation as you. Do you have any idea about calculation questions gonna be about what? Thank you.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Rawanderbas123
Hello, I am in the same situation as you. Do you have any idea about calculation questions gonna be about what? Thank you.

Haha ... I just asked someone else this very question!!
Hope someone will be kind enough to answer ... doing the interview by Skype is so hard I think?? Though the ones I had for UEA, Reading & Cardiff were very friendly .. no calculations! I'm worried that Nottingham will be much harder!!
Original post by Beta2001
Haha ... I just asked someone else this very question!!
Hope someone will be kind enough to answer ... doing the interview by Skype is so hard I think?? Though the ones I had for UEA, Reading & Cardiff were very friendly .. no calculations! I'm worried that Nottingham will be much harder!!

Haha, I swear I asked this question a lot but nobody is answering I just wanna know what is the maths test about! I am not doing my interview with Skype.
Actually, I have done an interview for Cardiff as well and received a conditional offer AAB If I firm it will be ABB. It was 30 minutes long and they were very friendly as well. It is the first time I will do an MMI interview in Nottingham. When do you have your interview?
We shouldn't worry that much hopefully everything will be fine:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rawanderbas123
Haha, I swear I asked this question a lot but nobody is answering I just wanna know what is the maths test about! I am not doing my interview with Skype.
Actually, I have done an interview for Cardiff as well and received a conditional offer AAB If I firm it will be ABB. It was 30 minutes long and they were very friendly as well. It is the first time I will do an MMI interview in Nottingham. When do you have your interview?
We shouldn't worry that much hopefully everything will be fine:smile:

Any maths that I have done so far has been easy in other interviews ... simple percentages ~ converting litres to grams ~ someone told me it is UK GCSE level type questions. I'm hoping the Skype interview for Nottingham is the same as the others I did ... relaxed and friendly.
My Nottingham interview is next week. Had Cardiff 10 days ago ~ it went well but I haven't heard anything yet.
Nottingham would be my first choice.
Good luck!!
Original post by Beta2001
Any maths that I have done so far has been easy in other interviews ... simple percentages ~ converting litres to grams ~ someone told me it is UK GCSE level type questions. I'm hoping the Skype interview for Nottingham is the same as the others I did ... relaxed and friendly.
My Nottingham interview is next week. Had Cardiff 10 days ago ~ it went well but I haven't heard anything yet.
Nottingham would be my first choice.
Good luck!!

Good luck to you too!!
Some example questions id recommend you prepare for include:

Why pharmacy?
What does a pharmacist do? (Community vs Hospital Pharmacy)
What experience do you have related to pharmacy? If you don't have experience, refer to question below and talk about the skills you have that can be transferred over to a pharmacy setting.
What skills do you have that you think would make you a good pharmacist?
What direction is the pharmacy career going towards. Talk about the Carter report to really impress your interviewer (just get a summary version of it or PM me) Its basically focused more towards pharmacists being involved in medicines optimisation rather than being a person who just does the final check of medicines.

Practice concentration calculations like c=n/v. (concentration = number of moles / volume in L). And potentially dilutions although i highly doubt it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
(Original post by z0mgSoCool)Having done pharmacy at a reputable London university, graduating and qualifiying as a pharmacist and going through community and hospital pharmacy, one word of advice id give is, pick another career. PM me for more details. But if you feel really passionate about pharmacy still, Nottingham is one of the best universities to do pharmacy in.

Some example questions id recommend you prepare for include:

Why pharmacy?
What does a pharmacist do? (Community vs Hospital Pharmacy)
What experience do you have related to pharmacy? If you don't have experience, refer to question below and talk about the skills you have that can be transferred over to a pharmacy setting.
What skills do you have that you think would make you a good pharmacist?
What direction is the pharmacy career going towards. Talk about the Carter report to really impress your interviewer (just get a summary version of it or PM me) Its basically focused more towards pharmacists being involved in medicines optimisation rather than being a person who just does the final check of medicines.
Practice concentration calculations like c=n/v. (concentration = number of moles / volume in L). And potentially dilutions although i highly doubt it.

Thanks a million for those tips ... I'm still passionate even after reading the down side ... though maybe research might grab me!
Nottingham is my first choice! What do you think this means "Integrating science and clinical practice"??? It's one of the stations at interview. I'm having a Skype interview but assume it will be covered in that too ... :-(
Any clues on that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the Carter Report tip!
Good Luck with your career!
Hey guys there’s a Facebook group chat for any Nottingham Pharmacy 2019 offer holders https://m.me/join/AbZxaxGlNXSbvQi0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending