The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Not heard from university after results

I got into the University of Nottingham psychology BSc course after results day, and it says on UCAS my place has been confirmed, however I have not received any communication from the university itself. My friend who is going to study pharmacy there has already received a welcome from her course. Is this normal or should I contact the university?
Original post by pearl2005
I got into the University of Nottingham psychology BSc course after results day, and it says on UCAS my place has been confirmed, however I have not received any communication from the university itself. My friend who is going to study pharmacy there has already received a welcome from her course. Is this normal or should I contact the university?

It might be worth a call. What email does the uni have for you? Was it still linked to your school account?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Hello @pearl2005

I hope you’re well. Congratulations on getting into university! I would contact the university admissions team & ensure that your contact details are up to date and that you’re logged in on all of your devices.

Kind regards
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
It might be worth a call. What email does the uni have for you? Was it still linked to your school account?

I assume they have my email seeing as I got an email from the student’s union the day after my results, so I don’t know what the problem might be, I will probably call them.
It's probably just a simple mistake on their part. As others have suggested, worth ringing them up... and also check your spam folder on your email!

Hi there @pearl2005,

Firstly congratulations on getting into university, all your hard work has paid off. 🎉

As others have mentioned I would get in touch with the university, make sure to have all your details ready to give the person you speak to or if you email them include your details within this email.

All the best,
Sarah
Reply 6

I had a look back at when I received emails from Nottingham when I got into History BA 2019. congratulations email was on Aug 22, 2019, and them information about IT accounts on Aug 29, 2019 (I remember some people got this a week before me, some a week after). I would not worry until it hits 2nd week of September as that is when I started to get emails from my department and module information (looks like it opens 20th Sept this year). Don't worry about your friends contact as from what I know of the university they send out information and emails in sections based off department and halls (i.e. whenever results, timetables etc were released different departments got access at different times, for timetables it could be days apart). this is the email I got all information from in 2019 (It is possible this email has changed since) so I would suggest checking spam and Junk for this email address [email protected] :smile:

definitely worth just sending an email to SS or calling up though in case it is a system issue. Congrats on getting in !!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending