The Student Room Group

Blocked on everything

Me and my ex were friends for years before we were together. He helped me through the devastating breakup before him when I found out my boyfriend was sleeping with girls behind my back. Anyway after being friends for years we finally got together and it really felt like everting had fallen into place. I’ve never ever felt so safe happy secure and in love with anyone before. I was his first ever girlfriend and he said he’d never loved before me. Anyway my trust issues got the better of me and we had the occasional argument due to me voicing silly concerns. We had a drunken argument and he broke up with my the following morning. We spoke for a week on and off via text and then one day I woke up to a nasty messsge and he’s blocked me on absolutely everything for over a week now. I’m so scared we’ll never speak again. I miss him being around. Even just as a friend. What are the chances he may change his mind??
Reply 1
It's hard to say. It's up to him to decide whether to contact you again but you shouldn't get your hopes up. Take this as a loss and move on.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my ex were friends for years before we were together. He helped me through the devastating breakup before him when I found out my boyfriend was sleeping with girls behind my back. Anyway after being friends for years we finally got together and it really felt like everting had fallen into place. I’ve never ever felt so safe happy secure and in love with anyone before. I was his first ever girlfriend and he said he’d never loved before me. Anyway my trust issues got the better of me and we had the occasional argument due to me voicing silly concerns. We had a drunken argument and he broke up with my the following morning. We spoke for a week on and off via text and then one day I woke up to a nasty messsge and he’s blocked me on absolutely everything for over a week now. I’m so scared we’ll never speak again. I miss him being around. Even just as a friend. What are the chances he may change his mind??

How old and how long were you a couple for? Arguing can be corrosive.
Agree with UWS you ant tell. Blocking is not deleting. he might just be mad, but just leave him. He knows where you are and chasing wont really help.
He'l probably unblock you once you've forgotten about him. Thats what usually happens lol.
What sort of love was that on his part? He said he loved you and then breaks up over one argument?

His love was as weak as a cup of tea made with hot water and milk and no teabag.

The thing with love is it's easy to say "I love you." It's a lot more difficult to act like you love someone when the going gets hard. True love endures through tiffs and crises. Words are cheap. Actions aren't.

You will find someone else to replace him. For the next time, learn from this experience and realise that a lack of trust on your part is likely to become a self fulfilling prophesy. Don't be naive. But at the same time don't be a jealous / untrusting / controlling type.
If he really loved you he wouldn't have sent you a TEXT MESSAGE and then blocked you. He would have asked to meet you in person to discuss things whether you guys end up staying together or not.

Honestly don't think about this anymore and don't wait around for him, or try other ways of contacting, if someone has the ability to block you it means they don't care as much as you think. Move on.
Reply 6
We’re both 23 and have been friends for years, completing uni together. I’m just struggling because all our friends keep saying ‘you belong together’ ‘give it some time and you’ll work it out and it’ll be better than ever’ blah blah blah and it’s majorly getting my hopes up. He’s never had a girlfriend before me and I think his lack of experience definitely shows. His best friend said to me a few days ago ‘He really cares about you, he just doesn’t know how to be in a relationship’ but I don’t think I want to be the one to train him. Thank you for everyone’s advice
Original post by Anonymous

The chances of him changing his mind are very high IF you handle it right. He's very angry so he's blocked you, the best thing you can do is wait it out. Did you have the chance to apologise? Trust issues are ugly especially if unfounded so he has got sick of it. He will be back I promise you that but only if you leave him alone, he is expecting you to go crazy and try contact him - do not. It's not ok for him to react like that and so he also needs to come to his senses, which he will only if you leave him well alone.
My recent ex blocked me on WhatsApp and Facebook... tried giving me the excuse that she had hurt me and did not want to talk to me again.

Before that she had created a new profile on the dating app we met on and refused to admit it was her .. then said she needed space at uni, then admitted she wanted to see other men.

To me blocking someone is childish but there again so was her flirting with other men on social media but trying to say there was nothing in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending