The Student Room Group

Is 930 calories a day ok?

Scroll to see replies

You know it's not OK.
Original post by Pathway
You know it's not OK.

If I knew it was then I wouldn’t have made this thread. The calorie calculator said 800 calories to lose 1kg a week
Original post by Rainfall
If I knew it was then I wouldn’t have made this thread. The calorie calculator said 800 calories to lose 1kg a week

Lol was this using losertown? The calculator is obviously wrong.

The calculators spit out numbers that are not safe, I've made them say minus numbers before. Don't go below 1200 calories. Seriously, you're playing with fire. 800 calories, 930 calories, these are numbers that some people with anorexia eat. Are you aiming to acquire an eating disorder?
Original post by arigziegler
Lol was this using losertown? The calculator is obviously wrong.

Attachment not found
Original post by Pathway
The calculators spit out numbers that are not safe, I've made them say minus numbers before. Don't go below 1200 calories. Seriously, you're playing with fire. 800 calories, 930 calories, these are numbers that some people with anorexia eat. Are you aiming to acquire an eating disorder?

No I’m really not but scared that I won’t lose weight eating more. I’m basically overweight so shouldn’t I eat less
No I’m really not but scared that I won’t lose weight eating more. I’m basically overweight so shouldn’t I eat less

I have a degree in science. You will lose weight eating 1500+ calories/day, unless you have a metabolic problem such as hypothyroidism.

You can eat more and lose weight. Exercise moderately if you don't already. But seriously, because you're considering such drastic action to lose weight you need help.

You're welcome to message me if you want to. But honestly, I've struggled with anorexia for most of my life, and this is not fun, doesn't solve anything. Eating disorders and disordered eating don't help anything. Don't go down this road. Nip it in the bud.
I have a degree in science. You will lose weight eating 1500+ calories/day, unless you have a metabolic problem such as hypothyroidism.

Well I have diabetes. Ok maybe I’ll play a little safe and have 1200 calories. That isn’t so bad. I have 3 big meals with that
Original post by Pathway
You can eat more and lose weight. Exercise moderately if you don't already. But seriously, because you're considering such drastic action to lose weight you need help.

You're welcome to message me if you want to. But honestly, I've struggled with anorexia for most of my life, and this is not fun, doesn't solve anything. Eating disorders and disordered eating don't help anything. Don't go down this road. Nip it in the bud.

Preach.

Spoiler

Well I have diabetes. Ok maybe I’ll play a little safe and have 1200 calories. That isn’t so bad. I have 3 big meals with that

If you have T1 diabetes you need to see a dietician before going on a strict diet like 1200 calories.

What type of diabetes? If it's type one then this is really scary behaviour. On the level, one of my friends almost lost her life because of her T1D and has lost her sight. They don't have many units equipped to treat eating disorders and T1D/ED combination. Or services in general for that matter.

Seriously this **** is scary. Go and talk to someone.

Preach.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

By the way you can tell me more about that friend of urs who has t1 d and lost her sight?? She lost her sight eating too 900 Cals?

If you have T1 diabetes you need to see a dietician before going on a strict diet like 1200 calories.

They told me to eat less
No way. That’s way too little, and is an unsafe way to lose weight.
starvation diets will never work

yes you will end up losing weight but the wrong way

the weight will come off too quickly and its also painful af

you get headaches, you get angry, you get sleep deprivation and you also get very intense stomach pains
you may even faint when you are out in public and you will always be weak

the worst part of losing weight by starvation is that you will need to keep it to a minimum for the rest of your life if you want to keep it off forever. otherwise as soon as you start eating the weight will go back on really quickly and in most cases you will end up fatter than before

1500 calories work best imo. keep to that every day, you should usually lose about 2 pounds per week and within a year you should be within your BMI range and your body will be used to eating this way therefore this is a diet you will be able to stay on for the rest of your life

trust me, i've tried the starvation diet. only works for people who want to be a little bit thinner for like a week but it never ever lasts

slow and steady wins the race, lose the weight slowly and steadily

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Pathway
What type of diabetes? If it's type one then this is really scary behaviour. On the level, one of my friends almost lost her life because of her T1D and has lost her sight. They don't have many units equipped to treat eating disorders and T1D/ED combination. Or services in general for that matter.

Seriously this **** is scary. Go and talk to someone.

Spoiler

Type 1. I cba to eat a lot then that means more insulin, time to count carbs, check blood sugar. How is scary? Having diabetes should be more of a reason to fix my bad eating habits. I eat like 3000 calories or more daily. I feel like.
Original post by shellop
starvation diets will never work

yes you will end up losing weight but the wrong way

the weight will come off too quickly and its also painful af

you get headaches, you get angry, you get sleep deprivation and you also get very intense stomach pains
you may even faint when you are out in public and you will always be weak

the worst part of losing weight by starvation is that you will need to keep it to a minimum for the rest of your life if you want to keep it off forever. otherwise as soon as you start eating the weight will go back on really quickly and in most cases you will end up fatter than before

1500 calories work best imo. keep to that every day, you should usually lose about 2 pounds per week and within a year you should be within your BMI range and your body will be used to eating this way therefore this is a diet you will be able to stay on for the rest of your life

trust me, i've tried the starvation diet. only works for people who want to be a little bit thinner for like a week but it never ever lasts

slow and steady wins the race, lose the weight slowly and steadily

Ok I’ll try 1500. Thanks.
Ok I’ll try 1500. Thanks.

thats good. and remember you are also allowed cheat days once a month. but if you think you might fall off the bandwagon again then try to avoid it. just don't freak out if on the odd occasion you eat a little bit extra, remember the odd day off pigging out once in a blue moon isn't suddenly going to make you put all the weight back on again
By the way you can tell me more about that friend of urs who has t1 d and lost her sight?? She lost her sight eating too 900 Cals?

They told me to eat less

She has diabulimia, so she alternates between anorexic behaviours (restricting) and also binge/purge behaviour. This is also known as Anorexia Nervosa Binge/Purge subtype. However, because she is insulin dependent she would **** with her pump etc. and it caused retinopathy and she lost her sight to it, basically. It can cause so much damage. I've also lost another friend to complications of her anorexia (she didn't have T1D though). Her heart was too weak to continue. She died in a psychiatric unit.

I'm not telling you this stuff to scare you, but this is the sort of thing that can and does happen with eating disorders, along with incontinence, random vomiting when bending over, being too weak to walk, losing friends and family, losing careers, losing your fertility, etc.. Don't let this get out of control. You can lose your life.
Reply 39
To lose like a kg a week

don't eat after 8pm
don't eat before 2pm

between those times eat.

you'll lose weight.

trust me......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending