The Student Room Group

What's the appropriate amount of calories?

Hi,

I weigh 38.6kg but I'm really trying to get to 40 as a start goal and then after that to around 45kg.

I find it a bit difficult to get 1800 or 2000 calories every day. I do try but sometimes, its either I wake up late and I miss breakfast or I dont eat my first meal until like 10:30am or 11am, or that I am too busy working and I forget and miss the time for the meal.

On some days, I do manage to get 1800 in but most of the days, it's around 1200-1300 calories a day.

For people who are 45kg or even 50kg, how many calories do you have a day to maintain that? That would be really helpful to know.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Find your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and increase from there to eat in calorie surplus. There are calculators available to do this online. I would add 500 or more to your BMR.

1200-1300 is probably lower than your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) so rather than gaining weight you’re probably losing weight unfortunately.

If you’re trying to gain, just increase the amount of high fat high protein food in your diet, like nuts and fish and oils. Try to find calorie dense low volume food and then it’ll be easier to increase intake.

Hope this helps :]
Talk to your GP and not a forum for students would be my advise.

Quick Reply

Latest