The Student Room Group

Quatre life crisis! Want to go to uni but also want to travel!

So I already had to take a year out after GCSE’s meaning I’m 19 and when I go to uni I’ll be pretty much 20 since my birthday is in September! I’ve had good offers to study law at good universities, and it is something I want to do but I’m torn because I Just feel like time is running out and I’ll be almost 23 when I graduate- I want to travel and enjoy my life while I’m young!! Taking ANOTHER year out would put me two years behind and I’d be 21 in my first year which I don’t really want. Like I do want a degree and don’t want to regret turning down such great offers but I also don’t wanna regret not travelling and actually living in the moment while I’m young! Genuine and helpful advice only please
Age makes less of a difference as you get older. When your in school 1 year seems huge.. but by the time you get to uni, 19-25 all blurs into one.. no one in that range feels old (unless they act it.. by the time you get to my age, late 20s, age feels even les important. I make new friends now who are anything from their early 20s to late 30s or 40s.. and I work with a huge range of ages..

The idea of being behind just becomes irrelevant and makes less sense the older you get. If your 20 at uni.. some people will be 18, some 19, some older then you. It really makes no difference at all.
My sister was 20 when she started uni meaning she'll graduate this summer at the age of 22 - almost 23. Absolutely nothing to worry about. You can travel before or after a degree, it doesn't really make any difference. Life is long, take advantage of opportunities when you can. If you really want to go travelling now, uni can wait, you can go at any age and maybe you'll be a bit more mature when you do start which will only be a benefit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending