The Student Room Group

Is year 2 way harder than year 1?

I know it varies between course to course and uni to uni but how much of a step up (or step down) is it from year 1?
Although I heard year 2 will be the hardest year of the entire course, does that mean I should be studying 24/7?
Original post by nabilahhh
I know it varies between course to course and uni to uni but how much of a step up (or step down) is it from year 1?
Although I heard year 2 will be the hardest year of the entire course, does that mean I should be studying 24/7?

I'm half way through 2nd year and it's definitely a lot tougher. Year 1 was a breeze compared to this. I have a lot more deadlines in a short time frame, and not as much help. Plus marking is harsher meaning I'm still getting the same marks as last year, even though I have made improvements.

No, don't ever study 24/7 no matter what level you're at. That's just stupid self destruction. Yes, studying should be a priority but give yourself regular breaks and time off. If you don't you'll burn out and fail.
yeah from my experience year 1 was basically a glorified foundation year. 2nd and 3rd separates the men from the boys
Yes

Moved to uni life
Original post by nabilahhh

I found 3rd year the hardest of my course. Year 2 is a big step up from Year 1, but for myself, I knew more about what to expect and had settled more into the university style of studying. Year 1 was a wide variety of marks (I think I did better overall in Year 2) as I made the change from A-Level study and writing to a university standard. As your degree gets harder, it doesn't mean you should be studying 24/7 (all work and no play etc...). It just means you need to put more effort and study more effectively. Wider reading can really help and engaging directly with more sources in your assignments can help to push your marks up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending