The Student Room Group

Future Finance. An Honest and quick review. Predatory Lending

Future Finance.

They will be very available when you are applying for the loan once the
loan is signed off they won't answer to emails, they won't give info about the loan and when you login on your account has no information. This is common practice with predatory lending companies. the least info they give the more chances you have to pay wrong amount and pay extra interests on your loan. Or offering breaks (or so called forbearance) that make you mature interests on your interests pushing you to pay. This combined tactics can make student pay on a $13000 loan, an additional $13000. 100% interest over your payments. if pushed they will say that they offer early repayment, without actually facilitating the student to get info to do that or incurring in so many extra charges.

To make students avoid my same mistake
Original post by HultStudent
Future Finance.

They will be very available when you are applying for the loan once the
loan is signed off they won't answer to emails, they won't give info about the loan and when you login on your account has no information. This is common practice with predatory lending companies. the least info they give the more chances you have to pay wrong amount and pay extra interests on your loan. Or offering breaks (or so called forbearance) that make you mature interests on your interests pushing you to pay. This combined tactics can make student pay on a $13000 loan, an additional $13000. 100% interest over your payments. if pushed they will say that they offer early repayment, without actually facilitating the student to get info to do that or incurring in so many extra charges.

To make students avoid my same mistake

Ok good to know.
Threads I answer about them I always point out they are commercial lenders and not a charity or bank of mum and dad. I advise them to use other sources and avoid. I think yours is the first thread ive seen from an actual customer.

I would prefer to take a few years out, get a job and save the money.

The other thing is their target customer is quite narrow as well as they need to know they will get their money back.

Did you have to have a guarantor?
Reply 2
Yes I do have a guarantor
Hi. Hope it's OK to write on this 3 month old thread. My son is considering taking out a loan with Future Finance, to partially pay the first year of his Uni tuition fees. They got back and said OK to lending him 2K, and now keep sending emails. The two thousand was only an estimate to how much he might need. If between us we can get credit union loans to pay for it then that is even better. He has a conditional offer for Liberal Arts with History from St. Mary's University College Belfast. Got his Adult Access result yesterday, which was 80%, and 5% above the min. entrance requirement for Primary Education. He would absolutely love to teach, and now he meets the min for Primary Education with his Access course at St. Mary's too, he is thinking of applying for this as well. But that lasts for four years not three, so will be two years of undergraduate funding to find not one. ( 4K tuition fees here in N. Ireland). He inherited three and a half thousand off his father, who his grandmother had been keeping for him, but he has spent it all on dental work he really wanted to have done. Really can't see any other option to get that four grand together, except ask for 2K from Future Finance and another 2K from the Credit Union. Does anyone know of anything similar to Future Finance out there?
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending