The Student Room Group

New Colleague

A new girl joined us in the company, she is so nice, I felt that she is a kind of being interested by always starting the good morning and how r u. she wasn't in my mind. suddenly I felt I need to talk to her, she is very nice in conversations, we had one or two very quick convs, I tried to appear nice to her and that was obvious in her eyes, we agreed to talk on messenger and she gave me her fb account, I sent her and she was not as in person at all, only one word answer and the third message when I said I was happy to know her she didn't reply. next day I avoided to talk to her and tried not to make any eye contact, she started to make some approaches and asking how r u and being the same nice girl and I wasn't that responsive, suddenly she sent me that she was sorry for not replying and she didn't notice. The day after we had a quick convo on work face to face and she was really the same nice girl sharing her concerns and asking abt mine, I tried to follow up at night on messenger, the same thing happened, only one or two replies of one word then didn't reply to my third message. I did the same next day at work and didn't see her, suddenly she saw me, called me and asked how r u... and during the day we shared some smiles and winks and said a warm goodby. Why is she avoiding texting while being soooooo nice in person. is she trying to keep a spac3 as she still doesn't know me? I didn't show any signal that I am into her.
Reply 1
have you asked her at work, or on work break why she gives short answers on social media?
It's always better to ask the questions in person than over text.
Reply 2
no I didn't, I don't want to show her that I am pushy or soo into her .. wanna be sure first that her kindness is not normal as to anybody
Original post by Adz2042
have you asked her at work, or on work break why she gives short answers on social media?
It's always better to ask the questions in person than over text.
Reply 3
Then ask a trusted friend to ask her on your behalf. Get their view.
Original post by Anonymous
no I didn't, I don't want to show her that I am pushy or soo into her .. wanna be sure first that her kindness is not normal as to anybody
Original post by Anonymous

I wouldn’t ask, just trust your instinct. It sounds like she is leaving some space to signal that she’s friendly and enjoys your company, but this isn’t a romantic thing. If things change, I’m sure she will give the appropriate signals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending