The Student Room Group

17yr old muslim wanting to leave home

i dont know if i'll be speaking for any group of people as i honestly feel like im the only one, im a 17 year old bengali muslim girl and ive just had enough of my parents and family mixing culture and religion and forcing it upon me, yes im a muslim and yes ive done bad things but doesnt everyone? its part of growing up but i cant seem to get that into my close minded families head. i want to live life with the freedom of any other 17 year old and its not possible, so i just want to move out but i dont know how it would be possible(in terms of the law) and honestly just want to know any one elses opinions on what i mentioned partly of what im going through
so basically, youre a coconut? dont rebel too much or they wont let you live out for uni.
stay true to yourself :smile:
yeah honestly its just hard to stay true to myself if my family arent letting me
Original post by Anonymous
so basically, youre a coconut? dont rebel too much or they wont let you live out for uni.
Reply 3
I understand what you’re going though. With the westernisation going on, Muslim parents seem adamant to keep us in chains. I, myself, am barely allowed out with my friends, even if they’re Muslim.
I think you should do it, but only if you have an idea where to go and how to manage.
Feel free to message me. From one Muslim girl to another, we need to stick together for stuff like this
i understand that but its so hard and overwhelming like my parents saw a picture of me and a guy friend of mine and now theyve taken my phone away and i have to be home within half an hour everyday and i just hate it
yeah honestly ive done all my research, the coucil will take me into care and ill have my own place to stay they'll pay for school, clothes, food and everything its just a very big step that not alot of people take
Original post by KitoH
I understand what you’re going though. With the westernisation going on, Muslim parents seem adamant to keep us in chains. I, myself, am barely allowed out with my friends, even if they’re Muslim.
I think you should do it, but only if you have an idea where to go and how to manage.
Feel free to message me. From one Muslim girl to another, we need to stick together for stuff like this
Original post by Anonymous

I agree with these replies. ^

You may look around and see all these other teens around you that supposedly live free lives like "normal " 17 yr olds... But you're totally wrong. :confused:

What's "normal" about living as a few ?! Nothing.
Live it out no matter what it's like now.
You can live your life however you choose to when you're older ... :cool:

For now you live under your parents roof: they provide for you, support you and have brought you up. Don't disrespect them and forget about all they've done for you to be like "others".

Thank them and listen to them. They know you better than you know yourself. :rolleyes:

To be honest your religion has nothing to do with this. You're just feeling what probably 99% of people your age feel. Nothing new.

Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by tasniaali123
i dont know if i'll be speaking for any group of people as i honestly feel like im the only one, im a 17 year old bengali muslim girl and ive just had enough of my parents and family mixing culture and religion and forcing it upon me, yes im a muslim and yes ive done bad things but doesnt everyone? its part of growing up but i cant seem to get that into my close minded families head. i want to live life with the freedom of any other 17 year old and its not possible, so i just want to move out but i dont know how it would be possible(in terms of the law) and honestly just want to know any one elses opinions on what i mentioned partly of what im going through

Dm me
exactly, imagine my parents literally said that the boy in the picture will use that picture against me in the future so i cant get married like wtf, i hate how closed minded they are arghhh
(edited 5 years ago)
okay
Original post by 1703ym
Dm me
Reply 10

Normal teenage problems. Wait until you are 18 . Try to be respectful. Then you can try moving out.
hi 18 muslim here and i've experienced the things you're feeling now , plus i might have some advice

feel free to dm if you want

What kind of bad things did you do?
Reply 13
Original post by MillennialX
What kind of bad things did you do?

You could leave at 18. I suggest you dont say what you have done wrong on these posts or you will get those judgemental viltural Muslims judging you! Wait till yoi are 18 and ask the council sbout being rehoused or go and live with other adults
Honestly, every family upbringing is different and it’s awful that this is yours. All I can say is , you’ve dealt with this for 17 years already and I know everyday is awful but you just need to stay strong for a little bit longer ( until you are 18 ) and then you will be able to look for better solutions rather than cutting your whole family off. I know the idea may seem great now , but after a month you will be missing them and you’ll be very lonely. Once you are 18, you can move out and do whatever you want without them finding out. You will be able to go out and still keep your family close to you. Maybe not when your 18, but day you should sit down with your family and tell them how you feel honestly about the religion and their morals. The worst that can happen is that you have an argument for a while and then make back up and can go back to living a double life. I know that this seems hard but you only get one life and one family so tread carefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending