The Student Room Group

HMRC - Criminal Investigator 2019

Has anyone applied for this role yet? I thought I'd start a thread on this here. Passed numerical and verbal reasoning and SJT, so waiting to see If I get through to the interview stage.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
same, I passed mine last week. I think they review people after their job closing date, and they should be sending emails out after that...

How many competency questions were there in your application? Ive been reading through other people's posts (from years ago) they've all done three, but there was only one in my application. ;S
Reply 2
There was only one competency required on the application form....Making effective decision, but at interview you'll be expected to demonstrate all three of them.

Original post by Buyu
same, I passed mine last week. I think they review people after their job closing date, and they should be sending emails out after that...

How many competency questions were there in your application? Ive been reading through other people's posts (from years ago) they've all done three, but there was only one in my application. ;S
Reply 3
Oh okay, thank you. which location did you apply for?

Original post by Yemolu
There was only one competency required on the application form....Making effective decision, but at interview you'll be expected to demonstrate all three of them.
Reply 4
Original post by Buyu
Oh okay, thank you. which location did you apply for?

Croydon. What about you?
Reply 5
Me too! good luck to you.
Original post by Yemolu
Croydon. What about you?
I thought applications for this were closed a few weeks ago? I now see there are more positions available. Does anyone know why this is?
Reply 7
Original post by objectpermanence
I thought applications for this were closed a few weeks ago? I now see there are more positions available. Does anyone know why this is?

They probably need more people than previously advertised. Closing date is 31st March.
Reply 8
Are you guys external or internal?
Reply 9
Original post by Ehty
Are you guys external or internal?

External
Reply 10
I'm internal and also applied for this see how it goes :smile: good luck guys.
Original post by Yemolu
External
Do I have to put in separate applications and do the tests for each of the recruiting locations that I'm applying for?
Reply 12
got 76 percent on SJT which i believe is what they use to filter people out so hoping that will be enough to at least get to interview. only 14 roles in Leeds though where i have applied so will probably be a high cut off point.
Reply 13
Do I have to put in separate applications and do the tests for each of the recruiting locations that I'm applying for?

I think you do, but may have to do SJT for each location, because the scores aren't banked.
Reply 14
Original post by AP69
got 76 percent on SJT which i believe is what they use to filter people out so hoping that will be enough to at least get to interview. only 14 roles in Leeds though where i have applied so will probably be a high cut off point.

Gosh, you did quite well. TBH I do struggle with SJT. I only got 68% and hoping that's enough to get me through. Fingers crossed
Reply 15
Original post by Yemolu
Gosh, you did quite well. TBH I do struggle with SJT. I only got 68% and hoping that's enough to get me through. Fingers crossed

I have done plenty over the last few months since i started looking at the CS; getting some awfully low scores at first like 30/40 percent with answers that you would think were common sense i couldn't understand it, but their way of thinking is how you have to go and when you figure that out you will score a lot higher. I just applied for jobs for the sake of practising the test and can consistently get between 70 and 90 now by trial and error.

Good luck anyway, lets hope we all get interviews.
Reply 16
Thanks and good luck to you too. That SJP is such a barrier and that's why they don't bank the scores just to catch people out.
Original post by AP69
I have done plenty over the last few months since i started looking at the CS; getting some awfully low scores at first like 30/40 percent with answers that you would think were common sense i couldn't understand it, but their way of thinking is how you have to go and when you figure that out you will score a lot higher. I just applied for jobs for the sake of practising the test and can consistently get between 70 and 90 now by trial and error.

Good luck anyway, lets hope we all get interviews.
I think the scores are banked. This is from the FAQ in the application pack pdf:

"How many locations can I apply for? This vacancy is linked to other 'Criminal Investigator Officer’ adverts currently being advertised. These are the same roles but based in different locations. If you wish to apply for more than one of these adverts, you will need to submit an application for each advert. However, you will only be allowed to sit the tests and interview once. Your scores will then be applied across all the vacancies you have applied for."

However, if you applied to HMRC in the last six months, the numerical and verbal tests are banked while the SJT is not:

"If in the past 6 months, you have taken and passed the numerical and verbal tests at Officer Grade, your score will have been banked and will be used for this vacancy. This does not apply to the results of the Situation Judgement Test. For this your results will not be banked, and you will need to repeat this upon each application."

At least this is my understanding.
Reply 18
SJT scores aren't banked. That's what it says.
I think the scores are banked. This is from the FAQ in the application pack pdf:

"How many locations can I apply for? This vacancy is linked to other 'Criminal Investigator Officer’ adverts currently being advertised. These are the same roles but based in different locations. If you wish to apply for more than one of these adverts, you will need to submit an application for each advert. However, you will only be allowed to sit the tests and interview once. Your scores will then be applied across all the vacancies you have applied for."

However, if you applied to HMRC in the last six months, the numerical and verbal tests are banked while the SJT is not:

"If in the past 6 months, you have taken and passed the numerical and verbal tests at Officer Grade, your score will have been banked and will be used for this vacancy. This does not apply to the results of the Situation Judgement Test. For this your results will not be banked, and you will need to repeat this upon each application."

At least this is my understanding.
I think that refers to previous recruitment campaigns in the last 6 months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending