The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Worried about results

Hi i have a conditional offer for Edge Hill adult nursing for the September 2019 intake and i am anxious about my results, i am currently doing an access to nursing/midwifery course at night college. Do Edge Hill consider applications if for example the actual entry requirements are 112 ucas points which in my case is 5 distinctions the rest merits, if i get 4 distinctions and the rest merits will i still be considered?Sorry for the very long winded question! I just really want to get in :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jp1350
Hi i have a conditional offer for Edge Hill adult nursing for the September 2019 intake and i am anxious about my results, i am currently doing an access to nursing/midwifery course at night college. Do Edge Hill consider applications if for example the actual entry requirements are 112 ucas points which in my case is 5 distinctions the rest merits, if i get 4 distinctions and the rest merits will i still be considered?Sorry for the very long winded question! I just really want to get in :smile:

Hi, hope you're well!

I've contacted our Health Admissions team for more info and I'll get back to you soon :smile:

Alex

Edit: Hi again, we've received this answer from our Health Admissions team:

Applicants who do not meet the conditions of their offer go into what is called Compensation. Firstly, we have to see how many applicants fulfill the conditions of their offer. Then, and as long as there are still spaces left on the programme, all applicants in Compensation are reconsidered by the faculty and as long as they are above the agreed cut off score (which will be decided just before Clearing), places are allocated accordingly.

Alex
(edited 5 years ago)
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Alex, I'm in this situation!
I'm awaiting results from my maths exam.
Im worried that if I fail the exam for whatever reason I will lose my place.

I'm Adult nursing April 2019 intake.
I'm a direct year 2 student as I've RPL from another uni so I could study edge hill.

I didn't have proof of my maths so had to resit it.

I was told to attend lectures until I can fully enrol.

I can resit maths if I don't achieve the grades. Would Edge Hill be able to support me if the results are not achieved 1st time?

Thanks
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi, hope you're well!

I've contacted our Health Admissions team for more info and I'll get back to you soon :smile:

Alex

Edit: Hi again, we've received this answer from our Health Admissions team:

Applicants who do not meet the conditions of their offer go into what is called Compensation. Firstly, we have to see how many applicants fulfill the conditions of their offer. Then, and as long as there are still spaces left on the programme, all applicants in Compensation are reconsidered by the faculty and as long as they are above the agreed cut off score (which will be decided just before Clearing), places are allocated accordingly.

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending