The Student Room Group

Predicted grades (A-Level)

I'm predicted BBB and I want to get to at least AAB, but I'm not sure how possible that is. I want to start looking into unis but I don't know whether to look at ones with higher entry requirements or lower as I don't want to settle for less but I don't want to be unrealistic either by aiming too high. Does anyone have any advice?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by shirleycarter
I'm predicted BBB and I want to get to at least AAB, but I'm not sure how possible that is. I want to start looking into unis but I don't know whether to look at ones with higher entry requirements or lower as I don't want to settle for less but I don't want to be unrealistic either by aiming too high. Does anyone have any advice?

So you're in Year 12 and you're currently predicted BBB but hope to get higher? I would start to look at unis looking for grades in the range AAA-BBB for your subject. It's a good idea to go to 1 or 2 uni open days this summer, as this will give you some ideas and it saves you suddenly having lots to go to in the Autumn term of Year 13.

The usual advice is to apply to 1 or 2 aspirational (AAA) 1 or 2 optimistic (AAB -ABB) and 1 or 2 safe (BBB). You don't need to go any lower than "safe" since many unis will be a bit leniant on results day anyway and you don't want to settle for somewhere too low
thank you for the advice, i didn't know what sort of entry requirements would be too high or low :smile:
Original post by harrysbar
So you're in Year 12 and you're currently predicted BBB but hope to get higher? I would start to look at unis looking for grades in the range AAA-BBB for your subject. It's a good idea to go to 1 or 2 uni open days this summer, as this will give you some ideas and it saves you suddenly having lots to go to in the Autumn term of Year 13.

The usual advice is to apply to 1 or 2 aspirational (AAA) 1 or 2 optimistic (AAB -ABB) and 1 or 2 safe (BBB). You don't need to go any lower than "safe" since many unis will be a bit leniant on results day anyway and you don't want to settle for somewhere too low

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending