The Student Room Group

A level history coursework questions

I don't know what question to do, I would like to do something to do with Japan but I also want to have enough information to get a get work. Should I go for something niche to be different or easy to get more marks? Can you also leave suggestions for questions because me and few people in my class are struggling to think of some,
Original post by SoftGingerCat
I don't know what question to do, I would like to do something to do with Japan but I also want to have enough information to get a get work. Should I go for something niche to be different or easy to get more marks? Can you also leave suggestions for questions because me and few people in my class are struggling to think of some,

Imo trying to think of the question when knowing little about your target area is a recipe for disaster.

If you want to do one about Japan, then figure out what period and then read up on it so you become familiar.
Then id things like events, key people, policies which you could build a question around.
Then do more research and start tio explore 4-5 of those areas to see if theres enough to write an essay on and what it might look like.

You are looking for an angle that poses an interesting question which your powers of analysis and skills of historical investigation can find an answer to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending