The Student Room Group

should i tell my parents im bi?

I have been struggling with this decision for a long time and I go back and forth about whether I should tell them or if I even need to.. I have known im bisexual every since I can remember but I have never exclusively told anyone. I'm currently in a relationship with a man however I don't think things will work out between us and if im single again I would like the possibility of being with another woman. My family are not completely against being gay but I can tell that they are not really ok with it. So im not sure whether to tell them and risk having them reject that part of me or to keep it a secret and avoid them knowing if I ever get with a woman. help me please :frown:
As long as you are comfortable with who you are it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. Some people don't disclose their sexuality because they feel that it isn't important for other people to know, so no you don't *need* to tell them anything. So really you ought to do whatever will make you happy. If you do want to tell them and they are not supportive, that's on them, not you.

On a side note, if you're not happy in your current relationship, there isn't much point dragging it out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending