The Student Room Group

International texting with LDRs

Hello my girlfriend lives in america and I am from the UK the time zone difference is a pain because when I finish school she is just starting she wants me to message her in school(I want to as well) via sms messages but my mobile plan does not cover america. We cant use something like discord or Skype because she does not have much data so is there any way I could send her sms's for free without her having to download an app and without the need of her needing internet?
The only solution I can think of that doesn't require her needing to install an app and you needing to pay money would be sticking to email rather than an instant messaging service. She'd still need to connect to the internet to access those though!

WhatsApp is one of the least data-consuming messaging services out there. It would require use of internet, of course, but as long as you avoid sending image/video it will consume very little data.
Reply 2
Thank you I think that she really wants free international texts like SMS
Original post by sinfonietta
The only solution I can think of that doesn't require her needing to install an app and you needing to pay money would be sticking to email rather than an instant messaging service. She'd still need to connect to the internet to access those though!

WhatsApp is one of the least data-consuming messaging services out there. It would require use of internet, of course, but as long as you avoid sending image/video it will consume very little data.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you I think that she really wants free international texts like SMS

If that were such a simple thing I'm sure we'd all be using it instead of paying for texting and data!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending