The Student Room Group

Why did I get rejected by McDonald's?

So I had an interview there yesterday and it went ok but I already have a job and even though I don't like it I felt like I didn't wanna give it up to work at McDonalds so I told the girl that was doing my OJE and said that I'd work there part time do you think that she told the manager this and that's why I didn't get the job cos it was for full time?
I work at McDonalds, if you put in an application for a full time job but only want a part time job that's probably why. Usually a manager will ask what hours you are available for and that will determine your suitability for the role 🙂 hope this helps
Original post by cherlloydfan
So I had an interview there yesterday and it went ok but I already have a job and even though I don't like it I felt like I didn't wanna give it up to work at McDonalds so I told the girl that was doing my OJE and said that I'd work there part time do you think that she told the manager this and that's why I didn't get the job cos it was for full time?

If an employer wants someone to fill a full time vacancy, they won't hire someone who wants to work part-time.
It wouldn't have done you any favours, you've essentially just shot yourself in the foot.

If you don't like your current job why would you not want to give it up?
because it's better than McDonald's and it's the field that I want to work in. I do website development and exam proctoring. I don't like doing the exams but I like doing the websites. The reason y I don't like it is cos my boss takes advantage of me but I can't get another job like this cos I don't know the stuff.
because it's better than McDonald's and it's the field that I want to work in. I do website development and exam proctoring. I don't like doing the exams but I like doing the websites. The reason y I don't like it is cos my boss takes advantage of me but I can't get another job like this cos I don't know the stuff.

Like has been said, It wouldn't have done you any favours, you've essentially just shot yourself in the foot.
Having previously worked at mcdonalds myself, if they want full time, then they want full time.
Original post by Emma:-)
Like has been said, It wouldn't have done you any favours, you've essentially just shot yourself in the foot.
Having previously worked at mcdonalds myself, if they want full time, then they want full time.

I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending