Edexcel M3 15th May Post- Exam (UK Spec) Watch

dalliant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
the highest it's ever been for an A* is 72 and the lowest it's ever been (for a non-R non IAL) was a 69? I think?
TheBigBrick
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Haha I was quietly thinking the exact same as you
(Original post by supalape)
Ok so realistically lads we all bottled it somewhere in this exam, let’s just pray that it’s a common occurrence and the grade boundaries are alright
supalape
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by dalliant)
the highest it's ever been for an A* is 72 and the lowest it's ever been (for a non-R non IAL) was a 69? I think?
2014 was 68 for an A* and I think that paper was marginally easier or the same so here’s hoping
dalliant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
oh my god was the cone hollow.
yeah you’re right, I remember now I divided my left side (3/20) by 2/15 to get 9/8. Thank fk
ilazakristudent
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Looooooooooooooooooooooooool
oh my god was the cone hollow.
dalliant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i made the ratios of the masses into 7:5:2 but was the cone solid? or hollow? because i see you have a h/3 and isnt that for a hollow cone? ? ? was that **** hollow are you serious.
(Original post by ilazakristudent)
Height of the cone is 100% 9h/8.

(3h/4)(M+(2M/5))=(M)(h/2)+(2M/5)(h+H/3), where H is the height of the cone.
supalape
Rep:
?
i made the ratios of the masses into 7:5:2 but was the cone solid? or hollow? because i see you have a h/3 and isnt that for a hollow cone? ? ? was that **** hollow are you serious.
It was hollow my guy sorry lol
ilazakristudent
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hollow bro . My maths teacher was right, the highest scorers make the least silly mistakes, it's literally down to these type of mistakes.
_gcx
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This is for resits, right?

I have added this thread to the exam index under resits so people can easily find it.

Best of luck for your remaining exams.
TheBigBrick
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Okay so was the final part about the time for 0.4m of the SHM question worth 7?

I didn’t realise to divide by S at the end of it, and I also somehow used the amplitude as 0.5 rather than 0.8, but my SHM equation was correct, and my working out was all correct for the amplitude I used. How much do people think these errors will be penalised?
dalliant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Name:  Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 19.17.19.png
Views: 8
Size:  128.6 KB ok listen up. the ticks are the correct answers and the crosses are what i put. if only one character is wrong in each one, and that's everything. how many marks are we looking at. i want to set myself on fire.
ilazakristudent
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The first one you ticked is still wrong i think.The reason why you did 1cos10 is because of the way you thought everything was lined up, the same reason you did sine. So instead, it would just be 1-3tan10, because the distances 3tan10 aswell as 1, are both perpendicular to the plane face.
Size:  128.6 KB ok listen up. the ticks are the correct answers and the crosses are what i put. if only one character is wrong in each one, and that's everything. how many marks are we looking at. i want to set myself on fire.
dalliant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
after some more devastating news, i repose my question, how many marks my guy
The first one you ticked is still wrong i think.The reason why you did 1cos10 is because of the way you thought everything was lined up, the same reason you did sine. So instead, it would just be 1-3tan10, because the distances 3tan10 aswell as 1, are both perpendicular to the plane face.
supalape
Rep:
?
If you assumed the cone to be solid instead of hollow I reckon you’d lose 2-3 marks, definitely one for the final answer. But I’m certain you’d get 1 mark for the COM of the other thing (forgot what shape it was now lmao)
ilazakristudent
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
None I guess, maybe 1 for the 6sin10
after some more devastating news, i repose my question, how many marks my guy
dalliant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
the whole thing was 4 marks tho. one for final answer and one for the error i reckon? but what about the other one. they were both worth 4 marks so do u reckon i'd get 2 for method for each?
If you assumed the cone to be solid instead of hollow I reckon you’d lose 2-3 marks, definitely one for the final answer. But I’m certain you’d get 1 mark for the COM of the other thing (forgot what shape it was now lmao)
I hate maths
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Diagram for what you're talking about.

Spoiler:
Show

ilazakristudent
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm so annoyed at the fact that I become so aware of the questions after the Exam and not in the Exam, whyyy, this always happens!!
(Original post by I hate maths)
Diagram for what you're talking about.

Spoiler:
Show

supalape
Rep:
?
I'm so annoyed at the fact that I become so aware of the questions after the Exam and not in the Exam, whyyy, this always happens!!
lol story of my life
I hate maths
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I hate these further maths exams, you have to basically ace them to get a decent mark.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (241)
30.31%
The paper was reasonable (318)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (135)
16.98%
It was TERRIBLE (101)
12.7%

Watched Threads