The Student Room Group

Hungarian Medical and Dental Programs

Hello,

I was recently accepted to the English medical and dental programs at Semmelweis University and University of Debrecen and am having trouble deciding between the two. I was wondering if anyone here is a current or previous student at these schools and can comment on the teaching style and student support at these universities. Are the grading systems fair? What are the classes like? What would you have wished to know before attending the programs?

Thank you!
hello if you don't mind can you please help me out. I am thinking of applying to university of debrecen's 6 years long medical program. i just wanted to find out if the course and if the professors are good. Can you also tell me about the graduation rate like do most of the people who join the MD program graduate after 6 years?
Reply 2
Semmelweis is more prestigious and competitive. Teaching style pretty much the same. Written and oral exams. Grading - if you study, you do well. If you don’t - you won’t.
There is always a chance of bias with oral exams, but again. - if you know your stuff and can argue the point, you will find it fair enough.
Budapest is bigger and more international, closer to the airport too.
New dean of studies in Budapest, so things expected to get better and on a par with top international unis.

Are you doing medicine or dentistry?
PS you can always go for one and transfer to the other, but it’s much easier to transfer to Debrecen from Semmelweis.than vice versa.

Original post by rachel11521
Hello,

I was recently accepted to the English medical and dental programs at Semmelweis University and University of Debrecen and am having trouble deciding between the two. I was wondering if anyone here is a current or previous student at these schools and can comment on the teaching style and student support at these universities. Are the grading systems fair? What are the classes like? What would you have wished to know before attending the programs?

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending