The Student Room Group

A level geography advice

what is the subject like ?is it enjoyable and hard?
Hi there! I’m in second year of A level geography, and I think it depends on what kind of person you are! If you’re a bit sciencey, you’ll definitely find it easier than I do, especially the physical parts! I find it enjoyable now, although I didn’t at the start but that was due to my teacher! We’ve just done the first of 2 a level exams for geography and it was pretty tough, but the exams for geography aren’t essay based, so I find them easier than my other subjects! I also found that geography had much less content than my other subjects so that makes it easier in some aspects! I love the human geography part of the course because you go into like globalisation and stuff which interests me! Hope this helps!
Reply 2
thanks
Honestly one of the best courses (I'm second year of CIE). The physcal is wide ranging and intersesting, you sutdy everything including the weather and deserts as well as the traditional rivers, earthquakes etc. The Human aside of the course is incredibly interesting and relevant, where everyyting you do you see how the world works -migration, urban issues, trade etc..
Would highly recommend, it fits very well with other courses you might do more so than any other subject - physics, biology and economics for example.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending