The Student Room Group

Is this weird behaviour?

I made friends with someone who is doing me a favour (but i think i should refuse that now because i may want to run a mile), he wanted FWB but i'm not attracted to him and said let's just be friends.

So we've mostly been texting the past month, that's how long we've known each other. He seems a kind person but i have trust concerns.

I wonder if he's being OTT and not normal. For example, yesterday i was busy with family during eid celebration, i think he was upset i didn't text all day then said at night "make sure you text me...

On eid he also says make sure you send me a picture... that seems pushy and inappropriate to me. And if we're just friends why do i have to text you as soon as i wake up.

Before that we actually planned to meet on that day of eid but i said i'd prefer the monday after. Some days after that convo he said see you on thursday i.e. eid... first i just went along with it, but i wasn't prepared to meet thursday so said can we do next week, he was nice about it saying do what is best for you etc. That might have been a miscommunication but still seems pushy/dismissive from his end.

Then i tell him how i'm meeting a friend on saturday as we're celebrating our birthdays just on another topic, he said you didn't invite me? But he's like a practical stranger... he acknowledged it's just a personal thing for me and my friend and then he called me stingy for not offering to treat him at least, but i had already said twice i would treat him randomly in the past week cos he seems to go on about treating each other with food... when i told him this he said he remembers now and called me generous.

Finally, i offered to help him find a FWB as a fun favour and just to get him focusing on someone else because he likes me whereas i don't like him back. Then today he told me, if i'm not successful with it, there will be consequences, when i ask about that, he says he'll tell me when we meet soon, like he won't tell me on text.

When i have felt off with the way someone is talking etc. in the past i have ignored it, and continued to focus on the good side even though i turned out to be right... but now, i'm learning to not ignore and not think i'm reading too much into things. Still, i guess i'm too desiring of the favour he's doing for me, that it clouds my judgement and want to hear others' opinions.
Spicy. Sounds a tad unstable to be honest - maybe try to distance yourself a lil and just slowly let him go to avoid being stabbed in the night.
Reply 2
That quote is unfinished i was meant to edit here is what it's meant to say

I wonder if he's being OTT and not normal. For example, yesterday i was busy with family during eid celebration, i think he was upset i didn't text all day then said at night "Text me as soon as you wake up" ... then this morning he sent a text saying "Wake up already it's 9"
Reply 3
Original post by Avogadrocado
Spicy. Sounds a tad unstable to be honest - maybe try to distance yourself a lil and just slowly let him go to avoid being stabbed in the night.

Wow stabbed in the night lol
Well i'll just come out and say, the favor he helped me with was applying for a job he works at. I have to send ID documents today... i'm thinking i shouldn't and if not, then it will not be a slow distancing but like a full stop
A bit weird yeh. Maybe he's got abandonment issues??
Original post by Anonymous
That quote is unfinished i was meant to edit here is what it's meant to say

I wonder if he's being OTT and not normal. For example, yesterday i was busy with family during eid celebration, i think he was upset i didn't text all day then said at night "Text me as soon as you wake up" ... then this morning he sent a text saying "Wake up already it's 9"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending