The Student Room Group

A level predicted grades?

I know this may sound stupid but, I’m currently in year 11 and I’ve been told when you apply for university you give your predicted A level grades. I’ve also heard your A level predictions are based off GCSE results and are the grade lower than you got for GCSE. For example, in history if I get an 8 at GCSE does that mean I might be predicted an A at a level?

Sorry if this may sound completely silly but just want to know if what I’ve been told is true :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
This is not true. Your predicted grades are based on your performance throughout you’re first year at a level and your UCAS prediction exam.
No, that's not true. Your school may use your GCSE grades as a guide, but they certainly don't determine your A-level predictions.

Your work over the course of Year 12, particularly your end of Year 12 exams, will be far more important.

For example, if you get an 8 in history at GCSE, but then really struggle making the jump to A-level and don't do well in your end of years, then you are highly unlikely to be given an A prediction. But if you get a B at GCSE, but then do really well throughout Year 12 and get good marks, then an A* prediction isn't impossible.
(edited 4 years ago)
They will only be your predicted grades at the start of year 12, I don't know if they go lower but probably. They don't get sent off to Unis though, those grades are based off your work ethic in year 12 and your mock grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending