The Student Room Group

Going back to uni?

So, lately i’ve been feeling a little bit *****y about my job and my life and what i’m doing/what i want to be doing.

I currently work in engineering (not the good side of engineering, just admin, but i’m not actually allowed to disclose where i work so we’ll stick with engineering, lol) But this isn’t what i’ve wanted to do (ever!!) the yearly salary and the “no experience needed” in the job spec is the only thing that even made me apply in the first place, haha.

Lately i’ve been debating going back to university and doing something that i’ve always shown an interest in, Mental Health Nursing. I’ve been reading up on it for about 18 months now and just haven’t even come close to applying or getting anymore information, i know what is holding me back. My own mental health lol!!

My mental health isn’t as severe and bad as some people but my anxiety goes a bit crazy when i even think about it. The whole going somewhere new, meeting new people, the ifs and buts. I feel like i need a kick up the arse to just DO IT!!!

If anybody could help me with more info/persuade me to actually do it, id be so so grateful!!
Original post by Coco_D
So, lately i’ve been feeling a little bit *****y about my job and my life and what i’m doing/what i want to be doing.

I currently work in engineering (not the good side of engineering, just admin, but i’m not actually allowed to disclose where i work so we’ll stick with engineering, lol) But this isn’t what i’ve wanted to do (ever!!) the yearly salary and the “no experience needed” in the job spec is the only thing that even made me apply in the first place, haha.

Lately i’ve been debating going back to university and doing something that i’ve always shown an interest in, Mental Health Nursing. I’ve been reading up on it for about 18 months now and just haven’t even come close to applying or getting anymore information, i know what is holding me back. My own mental health lol!!

My mental health isn’t as severe and bad as some people but my anxiety goes a bit crazy when i even think about it. The whole going somewhere new, meeting new people, the ifs and buts. I feel like i need a kick up the arse to just DO IT!!!

If anybody could help me with more info/persuade me to actually do it, id be so so grateful!!

Have you attended any university Open Days and gone to the subject talks for nursing? I think that would be a good way for you to find out more about it and hopefully get the motivation you need. There are lots of Open Days going on over the summer so maybe start with one fairly close to home?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending