The Student Room Group

How do i get a boyfriend?

i really want a boyfriend but I don't know how to meet any guys or anything. has anyone got any advice for me on how I could get a boyfriend? I'm a 16 year old girl btw
You're 16... chill, let things happen naturally. whats the urge? Plus you're a girl, boys will find you no matter what. take it easy you're still very young.
Getting fishing pole and hook and go on street and try to hook urself a man and then reel him in
As a 16 year old boy, I am also finding it hard to find a relationship. I think it maybe our age, yet many 16 year olds have relationships. It's not a race however but it is certainly frustrating to see everyone else. Itll come when your ready, trust me!
Order on amazon. You get full package
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Getting fishing pole and hook and go on street and try to hook urself a man and then reel him in

hahaha right
i really want a boyfriend but I don't know how to meet any guys or anything. has anyone got any advice for me on how I could get a boyfriend? I'm a 16 year old girl btw

You need to focus on your studies and not filling up your time worrying about boys. Boys at your age are not good. You've barely finished puberty and you aren't emotionally mature enough to be in a relationship. Don't stress about it. When you're an adult and are in more situations with new people, you'll find it happens on its own.
Reply 7
Original post by P1nkPiggy
As a 16 year old boy, I am also finding it hard to find a relationship. I think it maybe our age, yet many 16 year olds have relationships. It's not a race however but it is certainly frustrating to see everyone else. Itll come when your ready, trust me!

at least I know im not alone. I have had boyfriends before but they didn't work out very well.
Reply 8
Original post by keptinside
Order on amazon. You get full package

lol
As another 16 year old in a sort of similar position, I just say that I am waiting for the right person to come along, and not bunking of with the first person I meet. If you know that there will be no future, then there is no point in having the relationship.

Don't worry by the way, loads of 16 year olds are still single, it might just be best to wait a little, unless you do meet someone. But yeah, please don't feel down about being single.
I know it's easier said than done, but don't let it get to you too much.

You will probably find someone when you are least expecting it!

Try not to overthink it in the meantime
Original post by DrawTheLine
You need to focus on your studies and not filling up your time worrying about boys. Boys at your age are not good. You've barely finished puberty and you aren't emotionally mature enough to be in a relationship. Don't stress about it. When you're an adult and are in more situations with new people, you'll find it happens on its own.

Yeah I have just done my GCSES. i get what u mean when u said there not good at my age and i shouldn't stress. I just feel like I have had my heart broken that badly in the past I just need someone there. idk its hard to explain
Yeah I have just done my GCSES. i get what u mean when u said there not good at my age and i shouldn't stress. I just feel like I have had my heart broken that badly in the past I just need someone there. idk its hard to explain

You have friends and family around you I hope. Get a job for the summer to keep you busy and then focus on your A-Levels/BTECs/apprenticeship/whatever you're doing next.
I get like that sometimes. I'm a 17 year old guy, been in 1 relationship, it wasn't that great. Sometimes I just can't stand being single. But remember usually that's just us having unrealistic expectations. Yeah a gf would be cool, but it's not actually going to change my life that much. Plus if you've only just done GCSEs then remember that the next two years of your life are going to be chaotic if you're doing Alevels. I wouldn't have time for a gf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending