The Student Room Group

How flexible are Unis with students missing their conditional offers? (Aberystwyth)

Hey guys, as results day approaches I'm pretty sure we've all been worried at some point on whether or not we ll make the grades for our offers (unless you are one the lucky ones and hold an unconditional). I'm curious to know how flexible unis are on results day should you miss your conditional offer. In my case, I hold a conditional from Aberystwyth for their Law LLB and while I am feeling good about my chances I am also preparing for a worst-case scenario. I guess what I am asking is how lenient most Unis tend to be with missing offers and if they are more flexible if you go in through clearing. I really do like Aberystwyth and would like to maximize my chances of getting in with my preferred course. Thanks in advance for any input!
Original post by VK74
Hey guys, as results day approaches I'm pretty sure we've all been worried at some point on whether or not we ll make the grades for our offers (unless you are one the lucky ones and hold an unconditional). I'm curious to know how flexible unis are on results day should you miss your conditional offer. In my case, I hold a conditional from Aberystwyth for their Law LLB and while I am feeling good about my chances I am also preparing for a worst-case scenario. I guess what I am asking is how lenient most Unis tend to be with missing offers and if they are more flexible if you go in through clearing. I really do like Aberystwyth and would like to maximize my chances of getting in with my preferred course. Thanks in advance for any input!

They will have made the decision by results day, just enjoy your holiday or get a job and save money.
1. If you make the offer ok.
2. If you dont make the offer have a plan B and imagine yourself into it. Seems like you have nothing to worry about.
3. If you fall slightly short, then they give places to all those who made the offer and accept. They then look at the near misses and on a case by case basis distribute most of the rest of the places. They dont know from year to year but closer you are the better 1 grade reasonable, 2 grades possible.

So you are looking at how did others perform, how far short were you and how competitive is the uni? I dont think you would put Aber up there in the elite or competitive law schools, so the competition would be less imo.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
They will have made the decision by results day, just enjoy your holiday or get a job and save money.
1. If you make the offer ok.
2. If you dont make the offer have a plan B and imagine yourself into it. Seems like you have nothing to worry about.
3. If you fall slightly short, then they give places to all those who made the offer and accept. They then look at the near misses and on a case by case basis distribute most of the rest of the places. They dont know from year to year but closer you are the better 1 grade reasonable, 2 grades possible.

So you are looking at how did others perform, how far short were you and how competitive is the uni? I dont think you would put Aber up there in the elite or competitive law schools, so the competition would be less imo.

Thank you so much, your reply does calm the nerves.
Original post by VK74

Most universities accept a drop of 1 or 2 grades and I expect Aberystwyth will as well.
Original post by VK74

You sound like a natural worrier and have less reason to be so. If the worst happens then think yourself into the zone that you will resit and take a gap. It isnt a disaster.
Reply 5
Thank you all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending