The Student Room Group

toxic love

me and my boyfriend of 2 years have broke up. I love him more than life itself and he loves me the exact same way.

our relationship became too toxic. we argued all the time. the spark went and we both were unhappy. But we still loved each other immensely. we decided to end it because its the best thing to do and if its meant to it will be. we decided its the best and healthiest thing to do. to not keep hurting eachother

Im devastated. completely broken and in pieces. I’m crying all the time and can’t see a life without him.

my question is was it wrong for us to end it? we both love eachother more than anything but we became unhappy. Can you still love someone when you’re unhappy. Does the fact we decided to end it mean that our love wasn’t strong enough? I just pray that after time apart we realise that we’re meant for eachother and unite again but what are the odds?.

I’m just completely heartbroken. He was my best friend, the place i call home, my sunshine in this dark world, my everything.
honestly, you both felt that it was right to end it. it’s important that you’re both still in love with eachother but the spark went out. just because you’ve ended it doesn’t mean your love wasn’t strong enough. i suggest you try and rebuild that bond, try and become ‘friends’ as such and fall deeper in love. this way, you can rekindle your romance and hopefully get back together. this is just a bump in the road. if you were with them for two years, that’s one hell of an achievement. you do what you think is best for both of you, it’s important that you’re both happy and if that means not being together even though you love eachother, that’s what it means. i get that you’re not happy either way because without him you’re heartbroken but with him, you’re arguing. do what’s best for you 💗
Reply 2
Thank you so much. It means a lot x
Original post by amytaylor619
honestly, you both felt that it was right to end it. it’s important that you’re both still in love with eachother but the spark went out. just because you’ve ended it doesn’t mean your love wasn’t strong enough. i suggest you try and rebuild that bond, try and become ‘friends’ as such and fall deeper in love. this way, you can rekindle your romance and hopefully get back together. this is just a bump in the road. if you were with them for two years, that’s one hell of an achievement. you do what you think is best for both of you, it’s important that you’re both happy and if that means not being together even though you love eachother, that’s what it means. i get that you’re not happy either way because without him you’re heartbroken but with him, you’re arguing. do what’s best for you 💗
No problem, happy to help x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending