The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Hello there! First time posting
So I read that EU students are eligible for maintenance loan if they live for 5 years in the UK
Thing is my course is starting in october 2019
And I started living in London from April 22 2015
So I'll be living for 5 years in the middle of the course

So am I eligible for a maintenance loan or not?
Heyy @Kuroiessek :smile:

You may be eligible for help with your living costs if you’ve lived in the UK for more than 5 years before the first day of the first academic year of your course. Example If your course begins on 20 September 2019, you must have lived in the UK since 1 September 2014. If you’re eligible, apply for help with your living costs as though you were a UK national. Academic years start on 1 September, 1 January, 1 April or 1 July. Ask someone who runs your course if you do not know which one applies.

I would recommend calling or facebook messaging Student Finance England today and see what they say! They reply pretty quick on messenger but you can telephone them also.

There Facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland
Telephone: 0300 100 0607

I hope this helps!

Best of luck,
Ashley :tongue:

Original post by Kuroiessek
Hello there! First time posting
So I read that EU students are eligible for maintenance loan if they live for 5 years in the UK
Thing is my course is starting in october 2019
And I started living in London from April 22 2015
So I'll be living for 5 years in the middle of the course

So am I eligible for a maintenance loan or not?
Hello,

You wouldn’t be eligible for a maintenance loan as a home student. If you’re course starts in October 2019 you then you’d need to have been resident for 5 years before the start of the 1st day of the 1st academic year of your course, which would be September 2019. You’d need to have been resident in the UK since September 2014 to be classed as a UK student.

Are you working in the UK? You may be eligible for Maintenance Support as an EU Migrnat Worker if you are. You can find out more information about this here: http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

Thanks, Erin N.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending