The Student Room Group

Should I make the first move?

I had crushes in high school and college, now I'm in uni. I only added them on social media but never made another move. I'm the shy type, so i'm not sure what to say first.
Making the first move shouldn't be so dreaded as it often is. Go ahead! Be brave. Besides, if you never do try and make something out of these crushes you might never know whether these feelings were real. x
Make the first move by just starting a conversation, you gonna figure out whether they’re into you or not. If so, then keep it going till it’s the right time to talk it. If not, then you gonna know they are just not that type.

Besides, you should make sure to make the first move toward someone that have seen you. I.e. don’t go for a person who has never seen or talked to you before; as it’s most likely to be a NO from them. You gotta make them notice you first, then take that move.
When taking the first step, don’t quicken, just start it slow; because time is the main key to get to know someone better. You can’t just get attached to someone by their appearance and that’s all.

About shyness, you gotta get over it anyway. If you couldn’t talk to anyone irl, then your chance is slightly low, to get with a person you like specifically. To get something you want, you gotta get over these obstacles first. Work on shyness first, and ps you gonna be totally free around the person you like.
Reply 3
Thank you x
Reply 4
Original post by keptinside
Make the first move by just starting a conversation, you gonna figure out whether they’re into you or not. If so, then keep it going till it’s the right time to talk it. If not, then you gonna know they are just not that type.

Besides, you should make sure to make the first move toward someone that have seen you. I.e. don’t go for a person who has never seen or talked to you before; as it’s most likely to be a NO from them. You gotta make them notice you first, then take that move.
When taking the first step, don’t quicken, just start it slow; because time is the main key to get to know someone better. You can’t just get attached to someone by their appearance and that’s all.

About shyness, you gotta get over it anyway. If you couldn’t talk to anyone irl, then your chance is slightly low, to get with a person you like specifically. To get something you want, you gotta get over these obstacles first. Work on shyness first, and ps you gonna be totally free around the person you like.

Thank you so much! I'll definitely work on myself first and be more confident talking to people :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending