The Student Room Group

👌 This close to failing my GCSEs (Y11)

Sarah's Y11 GYG

sub-buzz-14415-1501725511-1.png.jpeg

OK, so the title is kind of clickbait considering the fact that I didn't do too bad(??????????) for my Y10 mocks. Anyways, I've decided to do this GYG to keep me motivated throughout my GCSE journey and because I don't want my ass whooped on results day 😁👍.

Subjects I'm doing + what I'm aiming for. (I'm doing IGCSEs because I'm currently living in another country):

Spoiler

My Y10 mock grades:

Spoiler

My current timetable for the summer holidays:

Spoiler

I'll post weekly updates about my revision every Sunday or when I have time (starting from next week).

I would appreciate any tips/motivational comments! (Cuz ya girl can't motivate herself to do 💩)

If you have any questions please comment them!!!

Please comment if you want to get tagged!!!

(edited 4 years ago)
Hi Sarah!

Good luck with your exams - you still have a lot of time to be productive, get some work done and aim for those target grades. My advice would be to try and make sure you know how you revise best - do you like to read a textbook, or make flashcards, or typed notes, or watch content videos? If you need to make some form of notes, do that throughout the year. Stay on top of deadlines and homework, stay in your teachers' good books and feel free to ask them for help if you're struggling with anything. It's so easy to feel stupid and stay quiet - but ultimately, you'll then have to waste time catching up and teaching yourself, so avoid this where possible.

As for motivation - just remember that, whether you're planning to go to Uni or do an apprenticeship or go into a job, good grades won't guarantee you an easy life but they will certainly help you in whatever you do next. Particularly if you plan on doing other qualifications like A-levels, having strong GCSEs is essential and you have entry requirements for Sixth Forms where you often need to get 7s or above to study that subject. So remember that these exams aren't the end of the world, but they are important and doing well will be very useful for you later on. Ultimately, you are the one who gains the most from getting good grades. Not to mention you won't regret working hard - otherwise you may think 'if I'd just started studying earlier I could have got an 8!' so it's always better to study more than less.

Good luck and if you have specific questions feel free to tag me / PM me. :smile:
Original post by Heyysarah

Sarah's Y11 GYG

OK, so the title is kind of clickbait considering the fact that I didn't do too bad(??????????) for my Y10 mocks. Anyways, I've decided to do this GYG to keep me motivated throughout my GCSE journey and because I don't want my ass whooped on results day 😁👍.

Subjects I'm doing + what I'm aiming for. (I'm doing IGCSEs because I'm currently living in another country):

Spoiler

My Y10 mock grades:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'll post weekly updates about my revision every Sunday or when I have time (starting from next week).

I would appreciate any tips/motivational comments! (Cuz ya girl can't motivate herself to do 💩)

Reply 2
Thank you for this! If I have any questions I'll PM you :smile:
Original post by Mona123456
Hi Sarah!

Good luck with your exams - you still have a lot of time to be productive, get some work done and aim for those target grades. My advice would be to try and make sure you know how you revise best - do you like to read a textbook, or make flashcards, or typed notes, or watch content videos? If you need to make some form of notes, do that throughout the year. Stay on top of deadlines and homework, stay in your teachers' good books and feel free to ask them for help if you're struggling with anything. It's so easy to feel stupid and stay quiet - but ultimately, you'll then have to waste time catching up and teaching yourself, so avoid this where possible.

As for motivation - just remember that, whether you're planning to go to Uni or do an apprenticeship or go into a job, good grades won't guarantee you an easy life but they will certainly help you in whatever you do next. Particularly if you plan on doing other qualifications like A-levels, having strong GCSEs is essential and you have entry requirements for Sixth Forms where you often need to get 7s or above to study that subject. So remember that these exams aren't the end of the world, but they are important and doing well will be very useful for you later on. Ultimately, you are the one who gains the most from getting good grades. Not to mention you won't regret working hard - otherwise you may think 'if I'd just started studying earlier I could have got an 8!' so it's always better to study more than less.

Good luck and if you have specific questions feel free to tag me / PM me. :smile:

Sarah's Y11 GYG

Spoiler

My Y10 mock grades:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Are you in year 10 or 11?
Reply 4
Y10 going into Y11 after the summer holidays
Original post by Greywolftwo
Are you in year 10 or 11?

Makes sense
I'm doing a GYG too! it's ' Raya's procrastinative GYG'
Tag meee <3
(edited 4 years ago)

Good luck! You’ve got this :h:
Reply 8
Oh wow I forgot about this thread, I'll start again soon!!!
eeesh good luck with art!
Hope you have a good school year! Can I be tagged?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending