The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Will I be accepted for masters with open uni degree?

I am looking to study health sciences at the open university this year with the hope to then complete a masters in physiotherapy. I was wondering if this is possible with the degree being from the OU? Would a redbrick uni accept me on a masters course with OU degree? I also don’t have A levels in relevant subjects to health science. Any advice would be appreciated!
The best thing to do is contact the Unis you are interested in individually. They dont usually publish entry requirements to masters on their sites, so the best thing to do is contact a member of the specific department and ask them. They will then advise you on what to do. Hope this helps x
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Thank you! 😊 x
I hope you figure everything out! Good luck! x
Original post by Rachel galway
I am looking to study health sciences at the open university this year with the hope to then complete a masters in physiotherapy. I was wondering if this is possible with the degree being from the OU? Would a redbrick uni accept me on a masters course with OU degree? I also don’t have A levels in relevant subjects to health science. Any advice would be appreciated!

In terms of quality, yes, the OU is accepted everywhere, it's a sound degree. The only places it can trip up are those degrees where an element of practical experience/assessment is expected. This can happen with things like Chemistry. Not sure about Physiotherapy, so ring around and ask.
Thanks ! I will have a ring around tomorrow and find out!
Reply 6
Yes. Masters courses just want the money, they don't care that much.

Quick Reply

Latest