The Student Room Group

I am 18 years old with 4 GCSEs, no maths GCSE, no other qualifications. help i’m lost

i have 4 GCSES, i still don’t have a maths gcse. i’m 18 years old now and i just stopped college last year because i just wasn’t feeling it anymore. all of my friends are receiving their a level results tomorrow and it kinda makes me sad i’m not getting the same and i’m sitting here with practically no qualifications and i still don’t have a maths GCSE. i can’t even do an access course because you have to have a level 3 qualification and be 19. i really don’t know what to do with my life, some advice would be really helpful.
What have you been doing since you left college? Have you been working?
Original post by SadBoi666
i have 4 GCSES, i still don’t have a maths gcse. i’m 18 years old now and i just stopped college last year because i just wasn’t feeling it anymore. all of my friends are receiving their a level results tomorrow and it kinda makes me sad i’m not getting the same and i’m sitting here with practically no qualifications and i still don’t have a maths GCSE. i can’t even do an access course because you have to have a level 3 qualification and be 19. i really don’t know what to do with my life, some advice would be really helpful.

@National Careers Service please can you share some advice :heart:

Have you looked at apprenticeships at all? If you're able to get onto a level 3 apprenticeship, you should be able to retake maths, and this might be an eventual route to uni for you, if that's what you want.

@National Apprenticeships Service
Reply 4
yeah, i’ve had like 2 retail jobs, im currently working right now but i don’t know what i want to do. i’m so lost
Reply 5
i don’t know if i wanna do an apprenticeship, i just feel like i don’t find interest in anything, i’m sad :frown:
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Have you looked at apprenticeships at all? If you're able to get onto a level 3 apprenticeship, you should be able to retake maths, and this might be an eventual route to uni for you, if that's what you want.

@National Apprenticeships Service
i don’t know if i wanna do an apprenticeship, i just feel like i don’t find interest in anything, i’m sad :frown:

I'm sorry you feel this way.

Why not have a look and see what's out there- there's a huge variety of apprenticeships available these days, so something might spark your interest.

In an ideal world, where do you see yourself ending up in 5/10 years time?

ETA: Do you have any hobbies/interests that you enjoy?

If it would help, I'm an engineering apprentice so if that's something you wanted to know more about I could always share? :smile:

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. Feel free to browse our courses (https://www.nec.ac.uk/course-categories/) - we offer online distance learning A levels, GCSEs and vocational courses such as childcare and business, so you could study while you work. We have had many people in your situation approach us and have had amazing experiences studying in a more independent way. You're welcome to contact us at [email protected] if you are interested or would like more information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending