The Student Room Group

Will Brunel University Accept me if I take a foundation year?

Hi I’m 18 and just got my A-level results. I did a btec national extended diploma in engineering and at the end got an overall grade of DDM which unfortunately is a lot lower then accepted. Also I have decided that I will be taking a gap year to deal with some health issues. The required grade for the course I want to do (Mechanical Engineering) at the Brunel university is D*DD which is 2 grades higher then the grade I achieved. I was wondering that after my Gap year will Brunel University accept me for the Grade that I achieved if I took a foundation year?
Original post by Ta24.talha
Hi I’m 18 and just got my A-level results. I did a btec national extended diploma in engineering and at the end got an overall grade of DDM which unfortunately is a lot lower then accepted. Also I have decided that I will be taking a gap year to deal with some health issues. The required grade for the course I want to do (Mechanical Engineering) at the Brunel university is D*DD which is 2 grades higher then the grade I achieved. I was wondering that after my Gap year will Brunel University accept me for the Grade that I achieved if I took a foundation year?

Have you got an offer for a foundation course already? Foundation courses can be used as the requirements for getting in, but some unis may not accept them. You'll have to check the Brunel website
Reply 2
No I haven’t, but they do do a foundation year
No I haven’t, but they do do a foundation year

Did you apply to uni this year?
Reply 4
Yes i did, I have a unconditional offer to hull but I can’t go to uni far from home due to health issues now so I decided to a gap year and apply to brunel
Yes i did, I have a unconditional offer to hull but I can’t go to uni far from home due to health issues now so I decided to a gap year and apply to brunel

So what have you done on UCAS Track? You could contact Brunel on their Clearing hotline and see what they say - their requirements are the same for the BEng, MEng and placement year
Reply 6
I called them up just now 2 minutes ago, they said that the entry requirements for the course and the foundation year is DDD, there fore I won’t get accepted. However they said I could do a foundation year elsewhere and then go to brunel
I called them up just now 2 minutes ago, they said that the entry requirements for the course and the foundation year is DDD, there fore I won’t get accepted. However they said I could do a foundation year elsewhere and then go to brunel

Really sorry to hear that. Is there somewhere else that you would consider for a foundation course? Or somewhere else that would consider you onto the BEng that is close enough?
Reply 8
I need to stay local and stay in London so my options are cut off, and I do want to go to a good university so Brunel is my best option. My other options could be Coventry and southbank as I could easily get in to them without a foundation year but I would much rather go to a better uni
That's a shame, you'll probably need to look at foundation courses then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending