The Student Room Group

Shadowing a barrister

Hii, i’m 17 years old and i’ve got work experience in a barristers chambers.

Tomorrow i’m going to be shadowing a barrister in a murder trial in court. I’m really excited however i’m a bit nervous as i don’t really know what to expect as i’ve never been to court before😬

Could anyone give me any information as to how everything works and what i’ll be doing?
Original post by izz22576
Hii, i’m 17 years old and i’ve got work experience in a barristers chambers.

Tomorrow i’m going to be shadowing a barrister in a murder trial in court. I’m really excited however i’m a bit nervous as i don’t really know what to expect as i’ve never been to court before😬

Could anyone give me any information as to how everything works and what i’ll be doing?

Wow that’s so exciting! I’ve shadowed a solicitor before on a civil case, but I’ve sat in a criminal case and I’ve always wanted to know what the barristers are noting down etc

You should probably wear smart clothes, no jeans or trainers really, maybe a shirt and skirt/trousers.
I’m sure your barrister will explain everything, but you will just sit near them and observe.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by S.carter
Wow that’s so exciting! I’ve shadowed a solicitor before on a civil case, but I’ve sat in a criminal case and I’ve always wanted to know what the barristers are noting down etc

You should probably wear smart clothes, no jeans or trainers really, maybe a shirt and skirt/trousers.
I’m sure your barrister will explain everything, but you will just sit near them and observe.
Good luck!

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending