The Student Room Group

18th birthday

I have decided to have a proper party this year for my 18th but I don't want it to be cliched and boring as I have heard what people say at school about boring parties and it's brutal.

I am hoping to invite my closest friends then get them to bring other friends so it isn't awkward for them if they don't know people and also to get some good numbers.I will obviously get them all to bring their own alcohol. I will have the ping pong ball drinking game and other sorts
of games like that, plus and I'm hoping to get my band to come and see if we can play a set and try and hold peoples attention.

The problem I think I'll have will be the music. I am into rock/metal, emo etc... Some of my friends also like that stuff and we go to festivals and things but the majority of my friends aren't into it so I have no idea what to do music wise because I have no idea what people listen to XD :smile:

Any advice on how to throw an 18th that doesn't suck:smile:
Reply 1
If you think you're personally obligated to entertain people at your birthday party, it's going to suck for you. They'll entertain themselves, especially if alcohol is around.

For music, listen to the radio, see who's in the top 40 etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have decided to have a proper party this year for my 18th but I don't want it to be cliched and boring as I have heard what people say at school about boring parties and it's brutal.

I am hoping to invite my closest friends then get them to bring other friends so it isn't awkward for them if they don't know people and also to get some good numbers.I will obviously get them all to bring their own alcohol. I will have the ping pong ball drinking game and other sorts
of games like that, plus and I'm hoping to get my band to come and see if we can play a set and try and hold peoples attention.

The problem I think I'll have will be the music. I am into rock/metal, emo etc... Some of my friends also like that stuff and we go to festivals and things but the majority of my friends aren't into it so I have no idea what to do music wise because I have no idea what people listen to XD :smile:

Any advice on how to throw an 18th that doesn't suck:smile:

Attend Creamfields this weekend :P
Choose a paintball event, or arrange a escape room scenario for you, your mates to enjoy. make the most of it!
I did laser quest with a small group of good friends
Simple mix the genre.

So basically have your genre music going on , then at some point switch it up for 30-45 mins, and then just rotate it from there on wards. This way everyone is happy and people get to have little breaks too with music that they find boring

Also send me an invite to

safeeee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending