The Student Room Group

Would you let your bf/husband watch you give birth?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HumbleBee_x
Ikr, i'd let him cut the umbilical cord like my own father did.

i know right! it's such a special moment, you remember it forever and then to not let him see that's just like wthh.. seriously :colone:
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
No im not trying to be selfish. If he wants to see it knowing what will come then ill let him see everything ofcourse. I suppose the question i should have asked is what if he doesnt want to see me at my worst.

But the way you worded your question makes you selfish.

As I have said, he won't care if you are at your worst. He wants to see the baby being born.
Original post by UWS

As I have said, he won't care if you are at your worst. He wants to see the baby being born.

Okay well i didnt mean to sound like that sorry. Yeah thats true
No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want anyone to be there apart from the midwife or medical staff. I don't think that makes me selfish - there is nothing pleasant about a child coming out if a vagina, I don't see why people get so hyped up about it.
Reply 24
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Ofc! He better be holding my hand.

Original post by TeenRose29
can't rep you rn but that's so true man, you need all the support u can get and having that special person there is the most important part :rolleyes:

It is common advice to avoid holding a pregnant womans hand when giving birth as they have been known to crush/break mens hands sometimes when using the hand as support
i dunno what i would do if i saw someone give birth....one time we had to watch ages ago at school for a biology....i cried and it was just a docufilm
Original post by UWS

...what's it to you? its not your baby.
Reply 27
Original post by Bang Outta Order
...what's it to you? its not your baby.

It means nothing to me, it's called giving an opinion.
Original post by UWS

it means something to you if you have an opinion on it. otherwise you're just attacking op for their preferences. :hmmm: let it go. what's it to you how they want to give birth?? just weird.
No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want anyone to be there apart from the midwife or medical staff. I don't think that makes me selfish - there is nothing pleasant about a child coming out if a vagina, I don't see why people get so hyped up about it.

it's definitely intense i can imagine.
Original post by UWS

And that’s fine but the manner in which came across did seems a bit pushy not saying that was ur intention
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 31
it means something to you if you have an opinion on it. otherwise you're just attacking op for their preferences. :hmmm: let it go. what's it to you how they want to give birth?? just weird.

Not really, it was established by OP that they worded the thread wrong. Keep in mind this is a discussion about the matter.

That's done and that discussion is now over. No babies were harmed in the making of this post :h:
Original post by ANM775
It is common advice to avoid holding a pregnant womans hand when giving birth as they have been known to crush/break mens hands sometimes when using the hand as support

True but atleast we're both going thru sh*t together...

Attachment not found

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 33
Ok so you know how sometimes its natural for girls to literally **** themselves when they give birth I actually never want my husband to see that. Its not that I care if he sees all the other craziness going on down there, I would just be scared of that happening!! What do you think?

When you are in labour, this will literally be the last of your worries

He could stay like besides me to hold my hand or something but no looking:mad:

I think it does tbh. It's your partner's baby too and for some people, seeing their child being born is a magical moment that they'd never, ever dream of missing out on. They've seen you naked, they had to in order to make the baby in the first place, and if they really want to be there to deny them that is a horrible thing to do.

To OP, I think you need to talk with your fella about it. He might not even want to be there and you tell him if he doesn't want to then you really wouldn't mind then he might jump for joy, but then he really might want to in which case you should let him.
No no i mean girls literally poop themselves

How often does that really happen? Some people give birth without pain relief and it's very calm.

Thank you 😭😭💚
Original post by Muttley79
How often does that really happen? Some people give birth without pain relief and it's very calm.

Im not quite sure! It happened to my mum and some of my aunties
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I think it does tbh. It's your partner's baby too and for some people, seeing their child being born is a magical moment that they'd never, ever dream of missing out on. They've seen you naked, they had to in order to make the baby in the first place, and if they really want to be there to deny them that is a horrible thing to do.

Don't worry, I don't actually plan to have any children. But I don't think there is anything "magical" about a baby being born at all and if a woman doesn't wan her partner there, that is totally her choice and not selfish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending