The Student Room Group

Gcse results dilemma

so in my GCSEs, I got one grade 8 and the 5 grade 7s and 2 grade 5s and a level 2 merit. I was happy until I saw that I got a 5 in English language. I went to school the next day and asked for marks only to find out I was a mark off a 7 for the subjects I got a 6 in and 3 marks of a 6 in English language. My school doesn’t pay for remarks , so I can’t afford to get a remark in all those subjects and English as the cost will simply be too high. But I aspire to do medicine and every university which I have looked at requires a grade 6 in English language minimum. If I get it remarked and stays the same grade should I resist English and get a higher grade or will this ruin my chances? My GCSEs aren’t strong enough as I’m aware but I’m going to work really hard in a levels.
Original post by Heva10
so in my GCSEs, I got one grade 8 and the 5 grade 7s and 2 grade 5s and a level 2 merit. I was happy until I saw that I got a 5 in English language. I went to school the next day and asked for marks only to find out I was a mark off a 7 for the subjects I got a 6 in and 3 marks of a 6 in English language. My school doesn’t pay for remarks , so I can’t afford to get a remark in all those subjects and English as the cost will simply be too high. But I aspire to do medicine and every university which I have looked at requires a grade 6 in English language minimum. If I get it remarked and stays the same grade should I resist English and get a higher grade or will this ruin my chances? My GCSEs aren’t strong enough as I’m aware but I’m going to work really hard in a levels.

i always thought that if you pay for a remark and u actually go up a grade then you get your money back (because it's seen as the examiners fault kinda thing), so could you maybe borrow some money or take out a loan?? sounds a lil bit of a faff but could well be worth it. i wanna do medicine too tho!! there is also a thread on TSR that gives all GCSE requirements for medicine at universities so you can try look for that and see if anywhere will accept grade 5 in English(i think they will!) so try not to worry x
Reply 2
Original post by Heva10

Yes, a 6 in Eng Lang would give you the most choices. Ask for a remark and if not successful, I would sugget resitting.
As pointed out, you get you money back if your grade goes up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending