The Student Room Group

A Young Fresher

Hi, I'm starting uni in September (Edinburgh Napier to be specific) and freshers week starts in around 2 weeks, but I am not yet 18 and I don't know if I'll be able to pass for 18 even if I get a fake ID... The university also don't offer wristbands for under 18 (I've checked) and so I'm in a situation of not knowing how to deal with this, just asking for any advice from students who are maybe in the same position as me or students who can tell me how strict they are with the whole age thing during freshers week? Thanks x
How r u not 18 and already doing uni anyways?
Reply 2
Original post by The_Atomix
How r u not 18 and already doing uni anyways?

My birthday is in February, I'm the youngest in my class
Original post by Anonymous
My birthday is in February, I'm the youngest in my class

What qualifications do u have
Arnt u suppose to be starting yr 13 at that age
Reply 5
Arnt u suppose to be starting yr 13 at that age

Well clearly not if I've told u I'm starting uni in September lmaoo, there are lots of people like myself who start uni at 17
Reply 6
What qualifications do u have

What does this matter, I'm just looking for advice on freshers week...
I wouldn't advise using a fake ID; I've seen so many people get caught out with them, it isn't worth it. (I used to work in a club)

You don't have to drink to enjoy Freshers/uni because there's always plenty of other things going on too. Loads of fairs/societies/SU Events. Just wait until you're 18 before you try get in anywhere.
Original post by Anonymous
What does this matter, I'm just looking for advice on freshers week...

I’ve just never heard of this, ur legally allowed to drink alcohol at the age of 5. U just can’t buy it. And if u r gonna have it, u must be under adult super vision, so imagine that would be the teachers and what not. That’s what the law states but honestly once the teachers arnt looking than u can go crazy with the other students.
I’ve just never heard of this, ur legally allowed to drink alcohol at the age of 5. U just can’t buy it. And if u r gonna have it, u must be under adult super vision, so imagine that would be the teachers and what not. That’s what the law states but honestly once the teachers arnt looking than u can go crazy with the other students.

Or even the other students can be considered adults so you’ll be able to drink with them
Or even the other students can be considered adults so you’ll be able to drink with them

You're forgetting that they'd need to gain entry to these places first.

It's alright for house parties and stuff but they wouldn't be able to get into any Freshers events.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending