The Student Room Group

Government to suspend Parliament

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by ColinDent
Is that why Ms Miller is trying to organise a website for remainers so they can be told who to vote for,

From the fragrant Ms Miller's track record, if she tries to organise something, it gets well and truly organised!
Pity she wasn't running Brexit, eh? It would have been done and dusted by now. Is it just coincidence that everyone trying to organise Brexit is an incompetent asshat?

now to me that means that either Ms Miller and co. think remainers are too thick to work out who to vote for by themselves or this is a massive case of gerrymandering due to the fact that they are scared that, if the conservatives were to stand on a manifesto stating we will leave by a certain date deal or not, they would return with a majority government.

No, you doofus. As I said, people usually vote along long established lines in general elections, which is presumably why tactical voting is being suggested. After all, our FPTP system can result in a government that only received a minority of the votes. Imagine that, a government trying to railroad unpopular and damaging policies against the will of the majority?

BTW, that is not what "gerrymander" means.
Original post by QE2
Because BoJob can't be trusted to honour his word. The opposition want an unbreakable guarantee that he won't slip in No Deal or other subversion of the democratic process by some sleight of hand.

By a 3 month election campaign? 😂
Original post by paul514

Disraeli borrowed £4,000,000 from Rothschild to buy 44% of the Suez Canal on the word of the British Government.

How much would anyone lend on the word of Boris’ Government?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nulli tertius
Disraeli borrowed £4,000,000 from Rothschild to buy 44% of the Suez Canal on the word of the British Government.

How much would anyone lend on the word of Boris’ Government?

I know you try to stick to a neutral position, but who do you think can command the confidence of the nation in the next GE? Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson or Jo Swinson?

I hear people and read stories of people attacking Johnson for not being trust-worthy, but I am curious to know what you think?

Please don't go off on his affairs or thigh squeezing allegations or his general buffoonery.

What about Jeremy Corbyn, the man of the people?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wired_1800
I know you try to stick to a neutral position, but who do you think can command the confidence of the nation in the next GE? Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson or Jo Swinson?

I hear people and read stories of people attacking Johnson for not being trust-worthy, but I am curious to know what you think?

Please don't go off on his affairs or thigh squeezing allegations or his general buffoonery.

What about Jeremy Corbyn, the man of the people?

Corbyn seems personally trustworthy, at least as trustworthy as any politician. He merely seeks economic policies that would be disastrous for the country.

We really know very little about Swinson in that regard.

All politicians have to dissemble to a degree because they are asked unfair questions.

Johnson isn’t straight. He lacks integrity. His natural response is to lie. Although there were suggestions that Wilson was dishonest, it is difficult to find evidence of this. The last real bounder was Lloyd George.

However, leaving aside personal integrity, what Cummings has done is destroy the reputation the Government’s governmental reputation; the idea that the Government can be trusted to do what it said it would do. That has made Boris’ job that much harder. The Government’s lawyer tells a Scottish judge one thing; Cummings contradicts it. What is the judge supposed to do. He will look a fool if he trusts Boris and Boris betrays that trust.
Original post by QE2
Look, I know it is difficult for you, but please try.
In a referendum between BoJob's Deal and Remain, Remain would win (which is why Leavers are so **** scared of having such a democratic vote to determine the Will of the People).
In a general election, Remainers would neither win nor lose because a general election is not a single issue poll, as we have already determined. A vote for either Labour or Tory is not necessarily a vote for any particular Brexit position.
After a general election, a government would still have to be formed and it would then have to formulate and propose legislation on Brexit. Parliament would then get to vote on it. The only advantage in a huge Tory majority would be the ability to force through a No Deal Brexit against the Will of the People. Is that really what you want?

Its isn't difficult for me, dont you worry about me you just worry about the issues you possess.

Many would say (I'm not one) in a referendum "BoJob's" (as you crassly put it) Deal and Remain, a credible leave option is not provided and this the result would not hold any credibility. You let a cat out the bag here.

The only advantage in a huge Tory majority would be the ability to force through a No Deal Brexit against the Will of the People.

The cat is you would lose, which is where we started from when I agreed with you :u: This is why remainer parliamentarians and remainers in general are $$$$ing themselves not leavers. It's why they are trying every underhanded trick in the book to avoid democracy to block or "get around" the will of the people. That reason is a general election they would lose, a referendum with clear fair 50/50 choice they would lose. Do you not even know there are websites available to tell remainers how to tactically vote to defeat the will of a consistency with a minority of votes, no? This why why we agreed any democracy is bad fir remainers.

Now the I understand you are literally bashing random words on the keyboard to try in vain to "win" a argument nobody but you cares about. If you actually told the truth for a moment you would realise how much you contradict yourself or make literally no sense whatsoever. The Tories have litterally no intention of a no deal brexit, I said this ages ago and have been proved correct its reheat the withdrawal agreement of May, exactly what they did.

Wake up man
Is that why Ms Miller is trying to organise a website for remainers so they can be told who to vote for, now to me that means that either Ms Miller and co. think remainers are too thick to work out who to vote for by themselves or this is a massive case of gerrymandering due to the fact that they are scared that, if the conservatives were to stand on a manifesto stating we will leave by a certain date deal or not, they would return with a majority government.

Lol looks like to beat me too it :biggrin:
Original post by nulli tertius
Corbyn seems personally trustworthy, at least as trustworthy as any politician. He merely seeks economic policies that would be disastrous for the country.

We really know very little about Swinson in that regard.

All politicians have to dissemble to a degree because they are asked unfair questions.

Johnson isn’t straight. He lacks integrity. His natural response is to lie. Although there were suggestions that Wilson was dishonest, it is difficult to find evidence of this. The last real bounder was Lloyd George.

However, leaving aside personal integrity, what Cummings has done is destroy the reputation the Government’s governmental reputation; the idea that the Government can be trusted to do what it said it would do. That has made Boris’ job that much harder. The Government’s lawyer tells a Scottish judge one thing; Cummings contradicts it. What is the judge supposed to do. He will look a fool if he trusts Boris and Boris betrays that trust.

That is interesting. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

I think we place too much emphasis on Cummings, just like was done for Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill. We must begin to accept that Ministers decide and advisers advise. The media is too wrapped in trying to ask Dominic Cummings of his view, as if he is the Prime Minister. I think this fake outrage within the media upsets me.

I mean Nick Robinson called Boris Johnson a dictator for his Facebook live broadcasts to the people because there were no journalists to “scrutinise” his comments. Can you imagine that a journalist attacks the Leader of a nation because the Leader addresses the people directly??

I agree with you that Johnson lies, but so do other politicians and MPs. To me, I feel that the difference with Johnson is that he is a stark opportunist and this grates people, even though most would do the exact same things he has done if given the opportunity.

For Corbyn, the issue is that the powerful people who run this country wont accept him as PM, so they have fed the people the nonsense that their suffering and condition is fine. I mean every time Corbyn’s name is mentioned people go to something that happened 20 or 30 years.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by QE2
From the fragrant Ms Miller's track record, if she tries to organise something, it gets well and truly organised!
Pity she wasn't running Brexit, eh? It would have been done and dusted by now. Is it just coincidence that everyone trying to organise Brexit is an incompetent asshat?

No, you doofus. As I said, people usually vote along long established lines in general elections, which is presumably why tactical voting is being suggested. After all, our FPTP system can result in a government that only received a minority of the votes. Imagine that, a government trying to railroad unpopular and damaging policies against the will of the majority?

BTW, that is not what "gerrymander" means.

Doofus? Are you sure you ain't a septic??
Reply 1689
Original post by Burton Bridge
a credible leave option is not provided and this the result would not hold any credibility. You let a cat out the bag here.

So your argument for going ahead with Brexit is that there is no credible Brexit deal. Makes sense

The cat is you would lose, which is where we started from when I agreed with you :u: This is why remainer parliamentarians and remainers in general are $$$$ing themselves not leavers. It's why they are trying every underhanded trick in the book to avoid democracy to block or "get around" the will of the people. That reason is a general election they would lose, a referendum with clear fair 50/50 choice they would lose. Do you not even know there are websites available to tell remainers how to tactically vote to defeat the will of a consistency with a minority of votes, no? This why why we agreed any democracy is bad fir remainers.

No idea what this word salad is supposed to mean.

Now the I understand you are literally bashing random words on the keyboard
The Tories have litterally no intention of a no deal brexit,

WTF? The government is literally making plans for a No Deal Brexit as we speak!
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/michael-gove-weve-implemented-no-deal-brexit-plans-because-risks-have-increased-xfprsjm77

Wake up man

Sproinnggg!
Reply 1690
Doofus? Are you sure you ain't a septic??

Is that the best you can manage in response to all my points?
Original post by QE2
So your argument for going ahead with Brexit is that there is no credible Brexit deal. Makes sense

No idea what this word salad is supposed to mean.

WTF? The government is literally making plans for a No Deal Brexit as we speak!
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/michael-gove-weve-implemented-no-deal-brexit-plans-because-risks-have-increased-xfprsjm77

Sproinnggg!

Lord above! :facepalm:You edit my post to remove context so it makes little sense then say you dont understand it, well done :yeah:

You keep saying you dont understand, like it should surprise me? I'm fully aware you dont understand much, so let me give you a tip. Dont bother trying to read adult posts like mine and others beyond you're comprehension, unless you are prepared to actually debate what's actually written, think about what's written and then engage in respectful conversation.
Original post by QE2
Is that the best you can manage in response to all my points?

What's the point in responding to you, you don't comprehend a differing opinion so yes it's all I can be bothered to say.
Are you a septic though?
Reply 1693
Original post by paul514

:confused:
Reply 1694
Original post by Burton Bridge
Lord above! :facepalm:You edit my post to remove context so it makes little sense then say you dont understand it, well done :yeah:

I'm merely cutting out the superfluous nonsense.
You claimed that any deal that was negotiated and agreed with the EU, then scrutinised and approved by parliament is "not a credible Leave option".
So what is a "credible Leave option", FFS?

You keep saying you dont understand, like it should surprise me? I'm fully aware you dont understand much, so let me give you a tip. Dont bother trying to read adult posts like mine and others beyond you're comprehension, unless you are prepared to actually debate what's actually written, think about what's written and then engage in respectful conversation.

It is your poor command of the English language and your inability to construct meaningful arguments that confuses me. I can't respond if I can't make head nor tail of what you're on about. Maybe try just using bullet points?
Reply 1695
What's the point in responding to you, you don't comprehend a differing opinion so yes it's all I can be bothered to say.

Or in other words, "a have no counter argument".
Fair enough.

Are you a septic though?

Are you a cockney?
Original post by QE2
Or in other words, "a have no counter argument".
Fair enough.

Are you a cockney?

Not anything that you would even consider because you are both blinkered and bigoted.
And I'm more mockney to be honest, spent my formative years growing up around a load of the old sparras and picked up the lingo.
Still haven't answered my question though, are you a septic or not?
Reply 1697
Not anything that you would even consider because you are both blinkered and bigoted.

So plain "nothing", in other words.

And I'm more mockney to be honest, spent my formative years growing up around a load of the old sparras and picked up the lingo.

So that's a "no". Yet you use cockney terminology. How does that work?

Still haven't answered my question though, are you a septic or not?

Not really much of a question though, was it?
Why are you so concerned? What difference does it make? Are you going to tell me to "go back where I came from"?
Original post by QE2
I'm merely cutting out the superfluous nonsense.
You claimed that any deal that was negotiated and agreed with the EU, then scrutinised and approved by parliament is "not a credible Leave option".
So what is a "credible Leave option", FFS?

It is your poor command of the English language and your inability to construct meaningful arguments that confuses me. I can't respond if I can't make head nor tail of what you're on about. Maybe try just using bullet points?

Look if you are going to use big words find out what they mean. I actually claimed quote;

Many would say (I'm not one) in a referendum between "BoJob's" (as you crassly put it) Deal and Remain, a credible leave option is not provided and thus the result would not hold any credibility.

Now I'm pretty sure that the average primary school child could interpret that. I think they would understand I'm talking about the current deal only and a common third party perception and not my own personal view.

If it were just me you cannot understand then you may have a point however it isnt, is it? You cannot assimilate any alternative view or values to your own very narrow limited view of the world. You can keep telling the world how super intelligent you are and how you hold the intellectual high ground but it really does not mean much, it's just deluded self praise.

I'd have a look at this artical if were you because you show way too many of these signs for it to be coincidental

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/5-habits-of-stupid-people-that-smart-people-don-t-have-a7620941.html?amp
Original post by QE2
So plain "nothing", in other words.

So that's a "no". Yet you use cockney terminology. How does that work?

Not really much of a question though, was it?
Why are you so concerned? What difference does it make? Are you going to tell me to "go back where I came from"?

🤣🤣🤣 I'm just interested, I would never use that particular phrase.
I believe I explained that during my formative years, you know when I learnt to speak and that, I was surrounded by London types and I picked up the vernacular, you see in the home counties there were many GLC overspill estates around in the old days in and I grew up on one of those, I would guess that over 90% of my school mates spoke like wot I do.
So far as your first point goes then I rather think that is your opinion of anything anybody says which does not meet with your agreement, I have not once seen you concede a point or apologise for something you may have got wrong, the issue is with you queenie.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending