The Student Room Group

Government to suspend Parliament

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by Burton Bridge
Look if you are going to use big words find out what they mean. I actually claimed quote;

Many would say (I'm not one) in a referendum between "BoJob's" (as you crassly put it) Deal and Remain, a credible leave option is not provided and thus the result would not hold any credibility.

Now I'm pretty sure that the average primary school child could interpret that. I think they would understand I'm talking about the current deal only and a common third party perception and not my own personal view.

If it were just me you cannot understand then you may have a point however it isnt, is it? You cannot assimilate any alternative view or values to your own very narrow limited view of the world. You can keep telling the world how super intelligent you are and how you hold the intellectual high ground but it really does not mean much, it's just deluded self praise.

I asked you why putting an agreed and approved deal to a public vote was a bad idea. You replied that such a deal is not seen a a credible option.
It is irrelevant whether you see the deal as credible, your argument was that because others do not see it as credible, you think such a public vote is a bad idea.

If that was not what you meant, it merely confirms what I have been saying all along.

I'd have a look at this artical if were you because you show way too many of these signs for it to be coincidental

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/5-habits-of-stupid-people-that-smart-people-don-t-have-a7620941.html?amp

Of course, the irony is that those points apply to you rather than me, but your Dunning-Kruger syndrome prevents you from realising it.

Remember that being right isn't stupid, only insisting you are right when you have already been shown that you are wrong. Your continued and determined use of "should of" rather than "should have", even after it being pointed out to you more than once is a good example.
Reply 1701
Original post by ColinDent
🤣🤣🤣 I'm just interested, I would never use that particular phrase.

You mean the phrase that you have now used twice?

I believe I explained that during my formative years, you know when I learnt to speak and that, I was surrounded by London types and I picked up the vernacular, you see in the home counties there were many GLC overspill estates around in the old days in and I grew up on one of those, I would guess that over 90% of my school mates spoke like wot I do.
So you are not a Cockney, but occasionally use Cockney terminology.

So far as your first point goes then I rather think that is your opinion of anything anybody says which does not meet with your agreement, I have not once seen you concede a point or apologise for something you may have got wrong, the issue is with you queenie.

"Queenie"? That's a pretty odd expression to use. So you're a homophobe as well as a xenophobe. I guess you are probably old enough to claim you don't know any better.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by QE2
You mean the phrase that you have now used twice?

[quyote]I believe I explained that during my formative years, you know when I learnt to speak and that, I was surrounded by London types and I picked up the vernacular, you see in the home counties there were many GLC overspill estates around in the old days in and I grew up on one of those, I would guess that over 90% of my school mates spoke like wot I do.

So you are not a Cockney, but occasionally use Cockney terminology.

"Queenie"? That's a pretty odd expression to use. So you're a homophobe as well as a xenophobe. I guess you are probably old enough to claim you don't know any better.

Ooh touchy! Did I ever claim to be a cockney? Show me the instances of when I've suggested that someone should "go back home" because you will have to spend an eternity finding them.
And no I'm neither homophobic of xenophobic, however I cannot help that you're a bit of a snowflake.
Oh and you really can't work out why I might have called you queenie???
I thought I was meant to be part of the uneducated hoi poloi.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1703
In both those instances I was asking you questions, not making claims. Learn the difference.
In fact, it the last post I accepted that you are not a Cockney.
However, you seemed to think I might be a US citizen because I used a term common in the American vernacular, so I'm not sure why you are getting so salty about this.

And no I'm neither homophobic of xenophobic,

You would say that, wouldn't you.

however I cannot help that you're a bit of a snowflake.

Which is exactly what a Gammon would say.

Oh and you really can't work out why I might have called you queenie??? I thought I was meant to be part of the uneducated hoi poloi.

Yes. It was a homophobic slur. What else could it have been? I'm not a massive Queen fan.
(edited 4 years ago)
c322d635c3a84484244a40f04047bde1.jpg

Original post by QE2
I asked you why putting an agreed and approved deal to a public vote was a bad idea. You replied that such a deal is not seen a a credible option.
It is irrelevant whether you see the deal as credible, your argument was that because others do not see it as credible, you think such a public vote is a bad idea.

Yes because as much as you may not grasp this, other peoples opinions are important :banghead: you are not the only person in the world :rolleyes: furthermoore whether i see the deal as credible isnt irrelevant to our conversation, because you are getting the wrong end of the stick and going :woo: like a madman to claim I am. :facepalm:
Original post by QE2
Of course, the irony is that those points apply to you rather than me, but your Dunning-Kruger syndrome prevents you from realising it.

Remember that being right isn't stupid, only insisting you are right when you have already been shown that you are wrong. Your continued and determined use of "should of" rather than "should have", even after it being pointed out to you more than once is a good example.

Look me duck

1) You struggle to follow/understand simple English
2) When repeatedly get things wrong and even after it is unequivocally proven you are wrong you refuse to apologise or give an inch.
3) You think almost everyone who talks to you is a fool, remainer or leaver dies not matter if they disagree they are wrong and an idoit. How many people have you accused of being me?
4) You openly boost about enjoying ridicule/insult
5) You self boost yourself to levels of superiority and intelligence but refuse to demonstrate any of it by using it to comprehend alternative view points.
6) You openly state the majority of the country is made up of "mostly idoits"
7) You think you hold left wing believes but in reality most of your arguments are right wing neoliberal.
8) Like many of the new identity poltical "left" (right in reality), you hold the strange view that because you falsely identify as "left wing", you become somehow immune to being xenophobic, bigoted or prejudiced and thus think it's ok to make xenophobic posts, like the one where you devalued immigrants votes. Bizarre :borat:

Then you're answer to the link is, "I'm ok the irony is that those points apply to you rather than me" which is exactly what's in the link :rofl:. You cant write this, how old are you mate?

Original post by QE2
In both those instances I was asking you questions, not making claims. Learn the difference.
However, you seemed to think I might be a US citizen because I used a term common in the American vernacular, so I'm not sure why you are getting so salty about this.

Yes. It was a homophobic slur. What else could it have been? I'm not a massive Queen fan.

Genius absolutely genius :rofl:
(edited 4 years ago)
Cummings up to his tricks again... trying to stick Parliament (not Downing St) between a rock and a hard place. Sooner we stop allowing the nation to be led by a poisoned dwarf... the better!
Look me duck

1) You struggle to follow/understand simple English
2) When repeatedly get things wrong and even after it is unequivocally proven you are wrong you refuse to apologise or give an inch.
3) You think almost everyone who talks to you is a fool, remainer or leaver dies not matter if they disagree they are wrong and an idoit. How many people have you accused of being me?
4) You openly boost about enjoying ridicule/insult
5) You self boost yourself to levels of superiority and intelligence but refuse to demonstrate any of it by using it to comprehend alternative view points.
6) You openly state the majority of the country is made up of "mostly idoits"
7) You think you hold left wing believes but in reality most of your arguments are right wing neoliberal.
8) Like many of the new identity poltical "left" (right in reality), you hold the strange view that because you falsely identify as "left wing", you become somehow immune to being xenophobic, bigoted or prejudiced and thus think it's ok to make xenophobic posts, like the one where you devalued immigrants votes. Bizarre :borat:

Then you're answer to the link is, "I'm ok the irony is that those points apply to you rather than me" which is exactly what's in the link :rofl:. You cant write this, how old are you mate?

Genius absolutely genius :rofl:

Said as a true Cummings fan...
The Queen recently asked why can't my Government govern? The answer your Majesty is... since 2016 your nation has been led by a poisoned dwarf called Cummings. He was unelected and turns people against Parliament... man against his brother. He latches on and makes himself seemingly indispensable. He single handily toppled Cameron and now tries to topple all that is left. Our failure is not to recognise the enemy in our midst.
Original post by Vinny C
Said as a true Cummings fan...

Surprise as it may be to you vinny, that has little to do with Dominic Cummings. Actually that's an understatement it's got around and about ....hmmm ... zero yea nothing, zitch to do him.

Too boot I don't really give a hoot about Cumming's either so you as another self confessed superior intelligence genius, have managed to chalk another up in the wrong column. But least you are one with you're mate :cheers:
Original post by Vinny C
Cummings up to his tricks again... trying to stick Parliament (not Downing St) between a rock and a hard place. Sooner we stop allowing the nation to be led by a poisoned dwarf... the better!

Yea be terrible to let the people deside who governs them, i know fanatical remainers shudder at the thought of democracy :wink:
Yea be terrible to let the people deside who governs them, i know fanatical remainers shudder at the thought of democracy :wink:

We shudder at the thought of being misled by a poisoned dwarf, often drunk. You guys seem to embrace what he has created.

Let us see... 17.4 million order a new wonderbra but for most, it chafes and doesn't fit. Do they have a right to send it back? No... you just cry democracy. Tell them to put up and shut up! Call them bloody bramoaners.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by QE2

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Salty, I'm not even a little perturbed.
Now QE2 what about your chosen username could possibly make me use what is a very common, and actually quite endearing, nickname for our reigning monarch?
You have jumped to the homophobic conclusion because that is how your mind works ergo you are a snowflake.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ColinDent
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Salty, I'm not even a little perturbed.
Now QE2 what about your chosen username could possibly make me use what is a very common, and actually quite endearing, nickname for our reigning monarch?
You have jumped to the homophobic conclusion because that is how your mind works ergo you are a snowflake.

He jumped to the "prejudice" conclusion because name calling is the last refuge for one losing an argument. It's the roundhouse punch that hits nothing but air, it’s a final effort in a losing fight, but it’s the very trump card that has been very reliable for the new identity poltical few. In America the Democrats have made this their signature move", playing the race card against opponents. In other words its pseudo, he knows it and everyone knows it.

AliG-770x400.jpgits funny, what was a joke cobsidered too stupid to take seriously back in the day is no less stupid 18/20 years later, but its certainly taken seriously and is very real.
He jumped to the "prejudice" conclusion because name calling is the last refuge for one losing an argument. It's the roundhouse punch that hits nothing but air, it’s a final effort in a losing fight, but it’s the very trump card that has been very reliable for the new identity poltical few. In America the Democrats have made this their signature move", playing the race card against opponents. In other words its pseudo, he knows it and everyone knows it.

AliG-770x400.jpgits funny, what was a joke cobsidered too stupid to take seriously back in the day is no less stupid 18/20 years later, but its certainly taken seriously and is very real.

Quite.
Reply 1716
Yes because as much as you may not grasp this, other peoples opinions are important you are not the only person in the world

Ah, so you accept that this "will of the people" **** is nonsense. The opinions of the half of the people who are opposed to Brexit are just as important as those who voted for it.
Glad we've finally sorted that out.

furthermoore whether i see the deal as credible isnt irrelevant to our conversation,

So, how about a straight answer then...
Is putting a deal - that has been negotiated and agreed with the EU then scrutinised and approved by parliament - to a public vote against Remain a good or bad idea, in the context of what is best for the nation?
You are all talking about a 2nd Referendum being the solution to all this but what about a Pre-Brexit Pre-Christmas General Election would that sort this all out?

I think there is going to be an extension until the end of January 2020 as that is what most people think the EU will say.

I have always wanted there to be a deal since the start of this whole thing as no deal would cause tonnes and tonnes of problems economically.
Original post by mjhmichael18
You are all talking about a 2nd Referendum being the solution to all this but what about a Pre-Brexit Pre-Christmas General Election would that sort this all out?

I think there is going to be an extension until the end of January 2020 as that is what most people think the EU will say.

I have always wanted there to be a deal since the start of this whole thing as no deal would cause tonnes and tonnes of problems economically.

It should do if the brexit party polling numbers stay down.
You have said nothing and know you haven't.

complete lie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending