The Student Room Group

Am I going to have to drop out of university due to student finance?

I applied back in July being told I needed to apply for a part time loan which I did but then I was told I shouldn’t have applied online and needed to do it on paper, so I had to wait for them to delete my application, and then do the paper application, and then in August I was told I needed to apply for full time as it was ‘part time - intensive’ I’ve now done that but as I did a year at university before I’ve been told they won’t fund my first year only my second and third year. I’ve sent my extenuating circumstances to try and get another years tuition (my mother developed cancer and I left university to be with her and my family as my uncle had also passed away from cancer only a short time before and I’ve attached proof of this) and also proof that I’ve supported myself for the last 3 years. They’ve now said that this will take 19 working days to process by which time i should have enrolled in university and started my course, but if I enrol with no guarantee of funding they either won’t let me enrol, kick me off the course or I’ll come have to give the university money straight up because SFE won’t accept it. I’m honestly so stressed by all of this because I can’t do anything and SFE are effectively just getting me to get in trouble with the university by promising money I don’t have!

I’m just going to have to drop out and I don’t know what to do.
Reply 1
try alternatives.future finance for example
Reply 2
Original post by SimaBan
try alternatives.future finance for example

Taking out a £7,500 loan when I don’t know if they’ll give me finance or not is a bit of a gamble

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending