The Student Room Group

Need URGENT help with clearing!!

Okay, so i was supposed to go to uni 3 years ago, decided not to go and regretted it. Earlier this year i started a new UCAS application but life got in the way and i left it unfinished. I decided to go through clearing, thought i could simply ring the university! so i rang my university (goldsmiths) and was offered for a place on a course and was told to await an email.

The email confirms my offer but tells me i need to confirm it on UCAS track within 24 hours! so I log onto ucas apply and realize I havent completed my reference!!! I have a copy of my old reference and im trying to get into contact with my old tutor so he can do the necessary procedure. So now im panicking because i cant confirm by tomorrow nor can i ring the clearing hotline as its closed weekends!!!

surely if they have offered me a place i can tick that i dont need a reference?

I gave the person on the phone my user id for ucas so they could see my application so they mustve seen no reference?

what should i do!
You'd be hard pressed to get any response from UCAS or Goldsmiths now and on the weekend but check if either has a hotline that is open for a short while on weekends. If you can't get any contact through now or on the weekend, call UCAS and Goldsmiths ASAP on Monday and explain your situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending