The Student Room Group

The Year 12 Chronicles

The Year 12 Chronicles:confused:
31/08/19
hi this is kai, writing this at 04:46 am after a night of binging watching kdramas when i promised to fix my sleeping schedule before starting sixth form but i have never been the one to stick to plans.Tbh plans are kind of useless because life is so unpredictable and leads you down roads that you never knew you wanted to explore or even existed.
However, you can't always expect life to lead you down an illuminated and desirable path therefore, it is good to have a back up plan if you reach an unanticipated destination or a dark alleyway.
Hence, I created this GYG to keep me motivated and moving on the road to the right destination.
Anyways, enough rambling now onto the important stuff....

My GCSEs

Spoiler

My A-levels

Spoiler

What career do I want to pursue?
I want to be a superhero... I mean a medic and i'm pretty set on that. Fingers Crossed I get into the my desired medschool *cough* *cough*.... manchester.
What do I want to accomplish in Year 12?
> develop a studying routine
> become part of my school's debating society
>get my driving license
>achieve AAA in my end of year mocks
>conquer my social anxiety and become a more productive, positive member of society
>begin volunteering

This is going to be a challenging year for me because i'm moving to an academic sixth form and don't know anyone there, it is definitely going to be a struggle to fit in with new people as i have very bad social anxiety and my mental health hasn't been great this summer. I'm going to have to learn a lot of new habits and emerge as a new person to become my ideal self so.......

LET'S BEGIN THE
YEAR 12 CHRONICLES

(edited 4 years ago)
Massive good luck for year 12 :jumphug:
Good luck! Hope your dreams to be a superhero come true🥳
Reply 3
Ooh best of luck!! :rave:

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by nyxnko_
Ooh best of luck!! :rave:

Spoiler

I have been watching hotel del luna :redface: it's really addictive.
Reply 5
Original post by kkai
I have been watching hotel del luna :redface: it's really addictive.

samee!! :five: I'm kinda sad it's ending today but it was a really good drama :yep:
Reply 6
Original post by nyxnko_
samee!! :five: I'm kinda sad it's ending today but it was a really good drama :yep:

can't wait till the subs come out :tongue: i hope chanseong and manweol end up together... really don't like the other bloke :colonhash:
Reply 7
Original post by kkai
can't wait till the subs come out :tongue: i hope chanseong and manweol end up together... really don't like the other bloke :colonhash:

(you can always find the unofficial subs :tongue:)
i really hope so as well... they deserve to be together :yes:
Reply 8
28/09/19
I switched sixth forms and i still haven't made any friends....:s-smilie: i really do struggle with socialization and everyone at my new school is already in cliques so i feel really isolated. Its difficult to approach people when they're already in big groups and cold... idk what's going on at this point, I feel really sick and depressed and behind on content. Sixth form is horrible, I hate people and i'm counting down days till this nightmare is over.
Original post by kkai
28/09/19
I switched sixth forms and i still haven't made any friends....:s-smilie: i really do struggle with socialization and everyone at my new school is already in cliques so i feel really isolated. Its difficult to approach people when they're already in big groups and cold... idk what's going on at this point, I feel really sick and depressed and behind on content. Sixth form is horrible, I hate people and i'm counting down days till this nightmare is over.

Hey, try and talk to people when they look stuck, in lessons and whenever alone. Probably your best bet along with clubs, is your neighbour. Like in lessons.
Anyway, you seem chill, so I’ll follow this. Good luck!
Reply 10
25/11/19
Oh well the only 'friend' i had left school without even telling me. That hurt. Loneliness is eating me away, it sucks to be so socially retarded, depressed and anxious. My study habits are still kinda messy but i'm getting use to the work and the loneliness a bit. My coping mechanisms are mostly unhealthy so i will try finding better copes.
Hopefully things will get a bit better in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending