The Student Room Group

I don’t like my only friend

I am in year 9 and I have been friends with this girl since half way through year 7 but now I don’t like her. I don’t like her because she always wants everything her way and always wants to be right and try to be better than me. We also argue a lot she always says something horrible to me just because I didn’t do something she wanted to do. And when we’ve been arguing she always says stuff about her personal life and making me feel sorry for her because she was adopted. She is my only “friend” because I’m too shy to talk to anyone else. No one else in my class likes her either so that could make them not like me. I would try and make friends with other people I know but I don’t have enough courage to talk to them.
I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with my situation x
I was in this situation a year ago as well, but i guess I was the one not wanting to be friends with them because they didn't appreciate things going on in my personal life. I understand that you are getting tired of it, and clearly you aren't happy. with making new friends, try and talk a little more with people you perhaps sit next to in class, just ask them questions regarding the class work then lead that into general conversation - but don't be upset if they don't 'become your friend' straight away, friendships take time. when it comes to your friend, my only advice from my previous situation similar to this is do not just freeze her out of your life abruptly. I know this may be tempting once you get a more familiar friendship group, but do not completely unfriend her in an unkind way, a way that creates negativity and tension between the two of you. I'm in year 12 now, and even now I still regret the way I ended friendships with bad friends, because I'm still suffering the consequences today. of course this may not happen to you, and I'm sure people won't agree with me, but I just wanted to share my point from my own experience and hope this doesn't happen to you!
Original post by Bucky_barnes
I was in this situation a year ago as well, but i guess I was the one not wanting to be friends with them because they didn't appreciate things going on in my personal life. I understand that you are getting tired of it, and clearly you aren't happy. with making new friends, try and talk a little more with people you perhaps sit next to in class, just ask them questions regarding the class work then lead that into general conversation - but don't be upset if they don't 'become your friend' straight away, friendships take time. when it comes to your friend, my only advice from my previous situation similar to this is do not just freeze her out of your life abruptly. I know this may be tempting once you get a more familiar friendship group, but do not completely unfriend her in an unkind way, a way that creates negativity and tension between the two of you. I'm in year 12 now, and even now I still regret the way I ended friendships with bad friends, because I'm still suffering the consequences today. of course this may not happen to you, and I'm sure people won't agree with me, but I just wanted to share my point from my own experience and hope this doesn't happen to you!

Thank you for your feedback I will try and use your advice 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending