The Student Room Group

macbook air or ipad pro?

I'm about to start chemistry at UEA and would like to know which device would be better for notes etc, bearing in mind i will have my desktop PC in my accommodation, thanks
Wait. Prices are at a premium in August/September and will drop in October/November. Plus then you'll get a student discount AND you'll be able to ask other students and make sure there's no issues with accessing uni systems with mac/ipads.
ipad pro. it has stylus
Original post by PQ
Wait. Prices are at a premium in August/September and will drop in October/November. Plus then you'll get a student discount AND you'll be able to ask other students and make sure there's no issues with accessing uni systems with mac/ipads.

Not sure how long the apple student deal is on for, but getting some beats worth £250 odd may be a good deal if you don't want to wait as PQ suggested
Original post by Noodlzzz
Not sure how long the apple student deal is on for, but getting some beats worth £250 odd may be a good deal if you don't want to wait as PQ suggested

The beats seem to be available all year round - I'm sure I've seen them on offer at christmas and in the spring too.
Original post by PQ
The beats seem to be available all year round - I'm sure I've seen them on offer at christmas and in the spring too.

nope its from August-October I'm pretty sure - I asked in store myself when buying one this month
Original post by Noodlzzz
nope its from August-October I'm pretty sure - I asked in store myself when buying one this month

The current offer is til the 17 October https://www.apple.com/uk/promo/pdf/EN_GB_BTS_FY19_TandCs.pdf
But like I say - they seem to run identical offers throughout the year. I'm sure in november they'll have a new "christmas" deal with a similar level of freebies and then they'll have a january sale and an easter offer etc etc. Whenever I look at the apple education store they're giving away free headphones.
Nothing wrong with pen and paper you know.
Even with the discounts often the apple education prices aren't the cheapest https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/apple/

Also - I've definitely worked in places where macs and ipads are not compatible with the networks/online learning resources. It could be a very expensive mistake to buy an ipad and then find it can't access the online lectures/slides on blackboard because of a compatibility problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending