The Student Room Group

Does anyone find it extremely satisfying when a teacher praise your work?

I'll never understand teachers who demotivates their students just to make the student work harder and prove the teacher wrong, it never worked for me, all i got was anxiety. I love it when a teacher praise my work, even if i do bad, he/she will tell me I have the potential to be better. It makes me wanna work hard and get complimented every time!
Agreed ,
But personally when the teacher made me feel like crap I was kind of more motivated to work harder , it just makes you realise the worth of being praised
Hell yeah. In the whole two years of sixth form, a teacher praised my essay in front of the whole class once. I felt like a king for the day 😎😎😂
Reply 3
The proving people wrong thing always worked better for me than praise. i didn't care about praise, it makes no odds to me even now
Original post by kkllookkkk
Agreed ,
But personally when the teacher made me feel like crap I was kind of more motivated to work harder , it just makes you realise the worth of being praised

In my case, it was terrible, I use to shake whenever i attended his class because he would constantly criticize me. I wanted to prove him wrong but at the same time i was afraid of making mistakes and getting criticised in front of the class again. It made my anxiety get worse and as a result, i gave up on my most loved subject. It's wrong for a teacher to assume all his/her student would react the same way as he expect, like the tendency to prove him/her wrong, because everyone's is different. Now that I think about it, If he was even slightly encouraging to me, I would've done well in that subject
Hi,

My academic abilities have often been misjudged by teachers and students because of being physically disabled. They assumed I have learning disabilities which I don’t and talk slow but loud to me. BUT I use their ignorance and negativity to drive me into proving them wrong, by doing better than they assumed I would. Seeing their faces drop in surprise at my good work and exam results is way better than any amount of praise. However, as a parent, if a teacher is deliberately demotivating students, they should be reprimanded or sacked depending on what they do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending